Why you need a Daypack for your Gorilla Tracking Encounter
Choosing the right Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari
Why do you need a Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda or Rwanda? Gorilla Trekking is done in Tropical Rainforests where there is the usual morning mist accompanied by a bit of typically light rain. You are on the actual Gorilla Trek between 3 and 6 hours, at times somewhat longer.
The weather changes from a cold morning to a warmer day, you might need something to eat, something to drink, protection for your camera, lenses, batteries, all reason why a waterproof daypack will come in very handy. Even better, use a porter to carry your daypack and support the local community.
A Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari is even more necessary if you are on the all-day Gorilla Habituation Experience where you spend 4-Hours with a Gorilla Family in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
You do not need the most expensive daypack – but sturdy, waterproof, comfortable to wear, large enough to pack the things you will need on the day of your Safari
Packing your Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari:
- Packed Luch if your Trek is more extended than 4-hours.
- 2-Liters of Bottled Water or equivalent into a Bottle that is attached to Daypack.S
- High Energy Snacks – You can buy locally grown dried Peanuts – Dried Fruit – or in the US, go to Trader Joe and buy some.
- Light Rain Jacket or Poncho unless it is raining
- Camera Equipment – use Ziploc Bags or a Shower Cap to protect items
- Use a porter to carry your Daypack so that you can focus on the Trek
The Things you will not need to pack on the Day of your Trek
- Your Phone – Trek Unplugged – all you need is for it to ring while you are with the Gorillas
- Binoculars will not be required unless you are a birder – You are close to the Gorillas
- Do not bring Cigarettes – Smoking is not permitted
Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari – a simple Daypack, everyone has one at home, some use it to carry their books to school, others take one to work. It is one of the ingredients that make your time with the Gorillas a success. We suggest that you use it during your whole Safari with us even as a carryon flying to Africa.
The Focus is seeing the Gorillas. Daypack makes it more accessible.