Foreign Residents (Expats) receive Gorilla – Chimpanzee Trekking Discounts in Uganda.
Take Advantage of Discounted Gorilla-Chimpanzee Trekking for Expats in East Africa – July 1-June 30-2024
Discounted Gorilla-Chimpanzee Trekking for Expats in East Africa: Uganda, known as the Pearl of Africa, is the ultimate destination for expats seeking unforgettable experiences trekking mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, and golden monkeys.
Expats residing in East Africa can take advantage of a discounted East African foreign residential rate, making gorilla and chimpanzee trekking more accessible and affordable. Enjoy reduced prices on Gorilla and Chimpanzee Habituation experiences, park fees, and select park activities.
Uganda prides itself on being the most affordable and secure destination for gorilla and chimpanzee trekking among East African expat communities in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the DR Congo.
While Kenya and Tanzania boast abundant wildlife, Uganda offers expats what these countries cannot—a unique opportunity for affordable gorilla trekking. Even if you reside in Kenya or Tanzania, ensure not to miss out on this incredible experience only Uganda can provide.
Only Uganda offers Gorilla, Chimpanzee, and Golden Monkey permit discounts for Expats living in the East African Union.
Discounted Gorilla-Chimpanzee Trekking for Expats in East Africa: This once-in-a-lifetime adventure requires a bit of preparation, and we are here to help you with some tips to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- First, you must choose your Gorilla and Chimpanzee Park: Choose the gorilla park and Chimpanzee Park that is right for you. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Mgahinga Gorilla Park – Kibale Forest – Kalinzu Forest
- Gorilla – Chimpsnzee-Golden Monkey Permits: Gorilla, chimpanzee, and Golden Monkey trekking require permits with limited daily quotas. It’s crucial to book permits in advance to secure your spot. We can help you with the permit acquisition process, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. We take care of all permits required.
- Physical Fitness: Preparing yourself physically and medically for the trek is essential. Trekking through dense forests involves moderate to strenuous physical activity, so ensure you’re physically fit and can hike for several hours. It’s also advisable to consult a healthcare professional for necessary vaccinations or medical precautions before your trip. Read more about Trekking Fitness.
- Trekking Safety: During the trek, safety should be a top priority. It’s essential to maintain a safe distance from the primates, refrain from touching them, and avoid direct eye contact. These precautions are in place to protect both you and the animals.
- Accommodation and Logistics: Various capacities, from luxury lodges to midrange options, are available near the national parks. You can choose the most suitable option depending on your preference and budget. We will assist in organizing transportation, accommodation, and other logistics.
We hope these tips help you plan your gorilla and chimpanzee trekking adventure. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact us. We are here to make your experience as unforgettable as possible.
Discounted Gorilla Trekking for Expats in East Africa – July 1-2022- June 30, 2024
Gorilla Permits in Uganda for Expats in the East African Union:
East African Foreign Residents receive a #100 discount. Proof of Residency in an East African Union Country must be shown to get the permit.
This is a sizeable discount that is available all year long. You can safely track gorillas in Uganda for $600, which is $900 less than in Rwanda, where permits cost $1,500.
Gorilla Habituation Experience:
The All-Day Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit, where you spend up to four hours with a Gorilla Family, costs only $1,000, and you, as an expat, save a whopping $500.
The Gorilla Habituation Experience allows you more time with a Gorilla Family, and there are only four participants instead of eight as with regular gorilla treks. Additionally, you become a participant in the habituation process, and you learn more about the ways and interactions of a gorilla family. Read more about the Gorilla Habituation Experience.
Discounted Chimpanzee Trekking for Expats in East Africa-July 1-2022- June 30, 2024
Chimpanzee Permits in Uganda for Expats Residing in the East African Union:
The best Chimpanzee Tracking, with an almost 100% sighting success rate, takes place in Kibale Forest, home to thirteen species of primates, including 1,500 chimpanzees.
Chimpanzee Trekking permits usually are #200. However, Expats residing in the East African Union qualify for a $50 expat discount, and the permit price is #150. This includes a 24-hour park entrance and UWA Ranger Guides leading you to the Chimpanzee Troop you are tracking.
The Chimpanzee Habituation Experience Permits in Kibale Forest:
The Chimpanzee Habituation Experience is a six-hour activity where you spend more time with a Chimpanzee Troop in Kibale Forest.
The regular permit price is $250. However, Expats living in East Africa receive a $50 discount and pay only $200 for the permit.
Discounted Golden Monkey Trekking for Expats in East Africa-July 1-2022- June 30, 2024
Golden Monkey Trekking Permits in Uganda for Expats Residing in the East African Union:
Golden Monkey Trekking permits for foreign tourists are $60 plus a park entrance fee of $40. Expat licenses are $50 and $35 for the park entrance.
Mgahinga Gorilla Park is the best park for Golden Monkey Trekking, with the largest population. They are only found in the Virunga Volcano Massif that covers Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo.
Golden Monkey Habituation Experience Permits in Uganda for Expats residing in the East African Union:
The permit price for the Golden Monkeys experience is $100 plus $40 park entrance fees. For Expats, it is $80 plus $35 for the park entrance.
Contact us about a Gorilla – Chimpanzee Safari for East African Expats in Uganda.
Use the Form Below: