4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari – 2 Gorilla Treks
4-Day Luxury Flying Safari that gives you more time in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
This 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari – Uganda includes two Mountain Gorilla Tracking Experiences in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Trek the gentle giants twice on two consecutive days in the Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Stay in the exclusive award-winning Bwindi Lodge overlooking the rainforest teeming with life.
Twice Gorilla Trekking is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and simply unforgettable. The Memories remain with you for years to come.
Twice Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with $700 permits will cost you $100 less than the permit for one Gorilla Trek in Rwanda. Another example of the Uganda Gorilla Tracking Advantage of Affordability without compromising the quality of the Safari Experience.
Consider this exciting Option for your Safari:
After your first gorilla trek, hike on Day three through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest from Buhoma to Nkuringo. It is a five-hour hike and takes less time than it would be using a vehicle to get there. Stay overnight in the exclusive Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge or the luxury Gorilla Safari Lodge.
On Day four, trek Gorillas in the Nkuringo or Rushaga areas. Additionally, you can choose the Gorilla Habituation Experience, which is spending more time with a Gorilla Family.
On day five, you fly back to Entebbe from Kisoro, arriving at Entebbe International Airport just before noon.
You can fly out for hoe or even directly fly to the Masai Mara in Kenya.
Your 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari Highlights
- Twice Gorilla Trekking: In the Buhoma area of the Forest.
- Batwa Cultural Encounter: Meet the First People of the Forest during the Batwa Experience in Buhoma.
- Stay at the Luxury Bwindi Lodge: This is one of Uganda’s best Gorilla Lodges.
- Porter and Walking Sticks: Are included for the Gorilla Trek.
- Land-Cruiser Safari Vehicle along with experienced Driver-Guide.
- Flights to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and back to Entebbe: Reach Entebbe at 11:55 am in time to connect with your flight out or fly with Aerolink, where Kenya Airways takes you to the Masai Mara. Imagine breakfast in Bwindi and dinner in the Masai Mara.
The Safari includes gorilla permits, full-board lodging, and flights to and from Bwindi Forest with AeroLink. It also consists of the services of porters, walking sticks, bottled water, and masks for the actual time with the Gorillas.
Your 4-Day Luxury Twice Gorilla Trekking Safari in 2 Parks in Detail:
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport
Welcome to Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, for your African Gorilla Adventure in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which according to CNN Travel, is one of the best parks in Africa.
You will be met by us no matter your arrival time. We will take you to your Hotel where you can enjoy lunch or dinner.
Stay overnight luxury hotel rated in the greater Entebbe area.
The following day you take the early morning flight to Kisoro in Southwest Uganda with AeroLink Safari Airline. This is the quickest and most convenient way chosen by an increasing number of our clients, and the convenience outweighs the extra cost and will give you more time in and around Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Day-1: Fly to the Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
We will pick you up at your Hotel in Entebbe at around 6:15 am for your 7:00 am departure with AeroLink Airline to Kihihi. The landing strip is a short distance from the Buhoma area of the park.
Your flight time is 70 minutes to Kihihi. You are met by your driver guide, who will take you to your Bwindi Lodge, which is a forty-five-minute drive.
There is a 15 kg weight restriction for your flight. Excess baggage costs $6 additional payment, and you can leave extra luggage with us.
To save on the weight of your bag, we suggest that you wear your gorilla wear for your flight, including the rain jacket and hiking boots.
Bwindi Lodge in Buhoma:
Bwindi Lodge overlooks the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Guests have stunning views of the forest canopy across a serene stream. Bwindi Lodge is one of Uganda’s unique and outstanding lodges.
The property has dramatic views of the impenetrable Forest and is a great place to spot the primates and birds hidden in the foliage.
In 2021 two new deluxe Bandas opened, the eight standard Bandas have been rebuilt and upgraded, and the lounge and library have been reimagined.
Enjoy the world-class service where you have your butler service. The meals served here are exquisite.
After a Gorilla Trek, you can take advantage of Humula Spa and unwind before having a sundowner on your terrace.
After Lunch Activities that you can choose from:
- The Batwa Experience: See the Forest and how the Batwa lived there. This is an interactive, authentic Cultural Encounter with the Batwa, who are today Conservation Refugees.
- Visit the Bwindi Community Hospital: This is one of Uganda’s finest hospitals, dental clinics, and training centers. The hospitable has dramatically increased the life expectancy of the Batwa and other ethnic communities in the area.
- Bike Riding: Go on a guided bike ride with the Ride-for- woman project.
- Village Walk: Go on a three-hour guided village walk where you see various demonstrations of how Banana Beer, a Gin called Waragi, is made. Listen to the traditional healer as he shows you the medicines from the Forest. Visit a school and watch the dance of the Batwa Community.
- Nature Walk: Take a guided nature walk which can include birding in and outside the park.
Meal Plan: Lunch – Dinner
Day-2: The First Gorilla Trek:
Have an early breakfast, take your packed lunch, and be at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park Headquarters for the Mountain Gorilla Trekking orientation. Read our Practical Gorilla Trekking Advice Page for in-depth information.
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
Here is practical advice about what to wear while Gorilla Trekking in Uganda. Often Trekkers are not dressed right for the occasion, which can spoil your day, and your focus might not be the Gorillas but personal discomfort and misery. Wearing suitable clothing and footwear is about protection.
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
- Daypack: Preferably a waterproof daypack, you can use it as a carry-on flying to Uganda. Pack all essentials inside of the Daypack.
- Hiking Boots: Make sure that they have good treads on them. You will need ankle support, something boots give you and give you reactions on muddy trails. Have a good pair of merino wool socks.
- Long Trouser: They will protect you from nettles and thorns. Tuck the trousers into your socks for added protection from ants.
- Long-Sleeved Shirt: Neutral in color. Again, this is for your comfort and protection.
- Rain Jacket or Poncho: Pack into your Daypack. You never know when it will train. You are in an Afro-montane Rainforest.
- Tough Gardening Gloves: This is to protect your hands from thorns, nettles, and sharp branches.
- Wide Brimmed Hat: It gives you protection from the Sun.
- Camera Equipment – Binoculars: Ensure extra batteries and storage devices. Put them into Ziploc bags. Binoculars are not needed if you are not a birder.
- Packed Lunch and Bottled Water: You will need your packed lunch from the Lodge and two liters of bottled water.
- Insect Repellent – Sun Lotion – Sunglasses: We recommend the effective Australian RID Insect Repellent. Good Sun
- You will need a Porter and Walking Stick: The services of a porter free you on the often-difficult trail, and a local walking stick helps you and steadies you on the often-challenging path. We supply our clients with the bottled water and facial protective masks required for the actual encounter with the Gentle Giants.
Suggestion: Be sure to pack a sweater or sweatshirt. The temperature here at night is 10 degrees Celsius or 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Fireplaces are in your rooms at Clouds Mountain Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Mount Gahinga Lodge.
Read more about Gorilla Gear and Wear here.
The Gorilla Trekking Orientation:
Here you receive instructions about the Gorilla Trek. You are assigned your Gorilla Family based on your input, and your age and fitness level are also considered.
You often track the Gorilla Groups you like, and we will help you with the Park Staff. Trekking times vary between three and six hours depending on the gorilla group you will be trekking on your day. We strongly suggest you read the Rules and Guidelines before going on a Trek.
If you have physical limitations, you can still visit a gorilla family. Let us know, and we will make the necessary arrangements, such as a sedan chair carried by a team of porters.
Please Note: While you were getting up, Pre-Trackers were heading out to locate the Gorilla Familly you will encounter today.
The Gorilla Trek and Encounter:
The tracking can involve some rigorous climbing and hiking. That is why we give you the services of a porter and a walking stick to steady yourself on the trail. You want to focus on your surroundings and not on the discomfort.
When you are face to face with these powerful yet gentle Mountain Gorillas, observing them just a few meters from you, watching the group, mothers with a baby, the gorillas doing their daily routine, you are there.
Many find the actual encounter with a Gorilla Family a once-in-a-lifetime experience. On this Safari, you will experience it twice with two different families.
Mountain Gorilla Encounters can not be replicated in any zoo since they do not survive in captivity. Only in this part of Africa can you find the largest of the Gorillas, the Mountain Gorillas.
Meal Plan: Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
Day Three – 2nd Gorilla Trek:
Breakfast, and you are off for your second Gorilla Trek with a different gorilla family group giving you two different experiences.
Even if you were tracking the same group as the day before, it would be a unique experience since gorillas move daily and build new nests on a different site. You will need the same kind of clothing as on the previous day, and Porter Services are again provided to carry your Daypack.
A Gorilla Trek can be from 2 hours to five hours plus but once again is a most awe-inspiring experience for you, and it becomes even more special if you can share that experience with someone such as a spouse friend.
Meal Plan: Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
Day-4: Fly back to Entebbe:
It is Breakfast Time- in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You can choose the morning or afternoon flight back to Entebbe. If it is the afternoon flight, we can arrange any activity you wish.
Fly back to Entebbe – where you are met by a driver-guide and taken to a hotel or arrangements for your flight out are taken care of.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed your twice gorilla tracking safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Contact us if this Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari Interests You.