4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari – 2 Gorilla Treks
4-Day Luxury Flying Safari that gives you more time in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
This 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari – Uganda includes two Mountain Gorilla Tracking Experiences in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Trek the gentle giants twice on two consecutive days in the Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Stay in the exclusive award-winning Bwindi Lodge overlooking the rainforest teeming with life. A lodge where your needs are met beyond your expectations.
Twice Gorilla Trekking is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and simply unforgettable. The Memories remain with you for years to come. Two days of gorilla trekking with either the dame gorilla family or two different gorilla groups.
While on this 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari, you can choose other activities such as the Batwa Experience, the Buhoma Village Walk; Nature Walks that include birding and more.
Twice Gorilla Trekking in Uganda with $700 permits will cost you $100 less than the permit for one Gorilla Trek in Rwanda. Another example of the Uganda Gorilla Tracking Advantage of Affordability without compromising the quality of the Safari Experience.
Your 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari Highlights
- Twice Gorilla Trekking: In the Buhoma area of the Forest.
- Batwa Cultural Encounter: Meet the First People of the Forest during the Batwa Experience in Buhoma.
- Stay at the Luxury Bwindi Lodge: This is one of Uganda’s best Gorilla Lodges.
- Porter and Walking Sticks: Are included for the Gorilla Trek.
- Land-Cruiser Safari Vehicle along with experienced Driver-Guide.
- Flights to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and back to Entebbe:
- Optional Activities: You can include various optional activities listed below such as the Batwa Experience, Village Visits, nature walks, and more.
The Safari includes gorilla permits, full-board lodging, and flights to and from Bwindi Forest with AeroLink Safari Airline. It also includes the services of porters, walking sticks, bottled water, and masks for the actual time with the Gorillas.
Your 4-Day Luxury Twice Gorilla Trekking Safari in 2 Parks in Detail:
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport
Welcome to Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, for your African Gorilla Adventure in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which according to CNN Travel, is one of the best parks in Africa.
You will be met by us no matter your arrival time. We will take you to your hotel where you can enjoy lunch or dinner.
Stay overnight at a luxury hotel that we arrange for you conveniently near the airport for an early flight to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with Aerolink Safari Airline.
This is the quickest and most convenient way chosen by an increasing number of our clients, and the convenience outweighs the extra cost and will give you more time in and around Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
We can also arrange a day room or an overnight stay before your flight out of Uganda. Entebbe International Airport Tourist Information.
Day 1: Fly to the Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
We will pick you up at your Hotel in Entebbe at around 6:15 am for your 7:00 am departure with AeroLink Airline to Kihihi. The landing strip is a short distance from the Buhoma area of the park, where your driver-guide will meet you and take you to your lodge.
Your flight time is 70 minutes to Kihihi. You are met by your driver guide, who will take you to your Bwindi Lodge, which is a forty-five-minute drive.
There is a 15 kg weight restriction for your flight. Excess baggage costs $6 additional payment, and you can leave extra luggage with us.
To save on the weight of your bag, we suggest that you wear your gorilla wear for your flight, including wearing a rain jacket and hiking boots. Excess Luggage charges are reasonable. Read more about AeroLink Safari Airline.
Bwindi Lodge in Buhoma:
Bwindi Lodge overlooks the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Guests have stunning views of the forest canopy across a serene stream. Bwindi Lodge is one of Uganda’s unique and outstanding lodges.
The property has dramatic views of the impenetrable Forest and is a great place to spot the primates and birds hidden in the foliage.
In 2021 two new deluxe Bandas opened, the eight standard Bandas were rebuilt and upgraded, and the lounge and library were reimagined.
Enjoy the world-class service where you have your butler service. The meals served here are exquisite.
After a Gorilla Trek, you can take advantage of Humula Spa and unwind before having a sundowner on the terrace of your banda, as a cottage is called here.
Afternoon Activities that you can choose from:
- The Batwa Experience: See the Forest and how the Batwa lived there. This is an interactive, authentic Cultural Encounter with the Batwa, who are today Conservation Refugees. Read more here.
- Visit the Bwindi Community Hospital: This is one of Uganda’s finest hospitals, dental clinics, and training centers. The hospital has dramatically increased the life expectancy of the Batwa and other ethnic communities in the area.
- Bike Riding: Go on a guided bike ride with the Ride-for- woman project. Read more here.
- Village Walk: Go on a three-hour guided village walk where you will see various demonstrations of how Banana Beer, a Gin called Waragi, is made. Listen to the traditional healer as he shows you the medicines from the Forest. Visit a school and watch the dance of the Batwa Community. Read more here.
- Nature Walk: Take a guided nature walk which can include birding in and outside the park. Read more here.
Meal Plan: Lunch – Dinner
Day 2 – The First Gorilla Trek:
Have an early breakfast, take your packed lunch, and be at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park Headquarters for the Mountain Gorilla Trekking orientation. Read our Practical Gorilla Trekking Advice Page for in-depth information.
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
Here is practical advice about what to wear while Gorilla Trekking in Uganda. Often Trekkers are not dressed right for the occasion, which can spoil your day, and your focus might not be on the Gorillas but on personal discomfort and misery. Wearing suitable clothing and footwear is about protection.
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
- Daypack: Preferably a waterproof daypack, you can use it as a carry-on flying to Uganda. Pack all essentials inside of the Daypack.
- Hiking Boots: Make sure that they have good treads on them. You will need ankle support, something boots give you and give you reactions on muddy trails. Have a good pair of merino wool socks.
- Long Trouser: They will protect you from nettles and thorns. Tuck the trousers into your socks for added protection from ants.
- Long-Sleeved Shirt: Neutral in color. Again, this is for your comfort and protection.
- Rain Jacket or Poncho: Pack into your Daypack. You never know when it will train. You are in an Afro-montane Rainforest.
- Tough Gardening Gloves: This is to protect your hands from thorns, nettles, and sharp branches.
- Wide Brimmed Hat: It gives you protection from the Sun.
- Camera Equipment – Binoculars: Ensure extra batteries and storage devices. Put them into Ziploc bags. Binoculars are not needed if you are not a birder.
- Packed Lunch and Bottled Water: You will need your packed lunch from the Lodge and two liters of bottled water.
- Insect Repellent – Sun Lotion – Sunglasses: We recommend the effective Australian RID Insect Repellent. Good Sun
- You will need a Porter and Walking Stick: The services of a porter free you on the often-difficult trail, and a local walking stick helps you and steadies you on the often-challenging path. We supply our clients with the bottled water and facial protective masks required for the actual encounter with the Gentle Giants.
Suggestion: Be sure to pack a sweater or sweatshirt. The temperature here at night is 10 degrees Celsius or 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Fireplaces are in your rooms at Clouds Mountain Lodge, Gorilla Safari Lodge, and Mount Gahinga Lodge.
Read more about Gorilla Gear and Wear here.
The Gorilla Trekking Orientation:
Here you receive instructions about the Gorilla Trek. You are assigned your Gorilla Family based on your input, and your age and fitness level are also considered.
You often track the Gorilla Groups you like, and we will help you with the Park Staff. Trekking times vary between three and six hours depending on the gorilla group you will be trekking on your day. We strongly suggest you read the Rules and Guidelines before going on a Trek.
If you have physical limitations, you can still visit a gorilla family. Let us know, and we will make the necessary arrangements, such as a sedan chair carried by a team of porters.
Please Note: While you were getting up, Pre-Trackers were heading out to locate the Gorilla family you will encounter today.
The Gorilla Trek and Encounter:
The trek can involve some rigorous climbing and hiking. That is why we give you the services of a porter and a walking stick to steady yourself on the trail. You want to focus on your surroundings and not on the discomfort.
When you are face to face with these powerful yet gentle Mountain Gorillas, observing them just a few meters from you, watching the group, mothers with a baby, and the gorillas doing their daily routine, you are there.
Many find the actual encounter with a Gorilla Family a once-in-a-lifetime experience. On this Safari, you will experience it twice with two different families.
Mountain Gorilla Encounters can not be replicated in any zoo since they do not survive in captivity. Only in this part of Africa can you find the largest of the Gorillas, the Mountain Gorillas.
Meal Plan: Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
Day Three – 2nd Gorilla Trek:
Breakfast and you are off for your second Gorilla Trek with a different gorilla family group giving you two different experiences.
Even if you were tracking the same group as the day before, it would be a unique experience since gorillas move daily and build new nests on different sites. You will need the same kind of clothing as on the previous day, and Porter Services are again provided to carry your Daypack.
A Gorilla Trek can be from 2 hours to five hours plus long but, once again, is a most awe-inspiring experience for you, and it becomes even more special if you can share that experience with someone such as a spouse or friend.
If the trek is shorter in length, then you have the opportunity to do one of the other activities that we have listed above, such as the Batwa Experience.
Meal Plan: Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
Day 4 – Fly back to Entebbe:
It is Breakfast Time- in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You can choose the morning or afternoon flight back to Entebbe. If it is the afternoon flight, we can arrange any activity you wish.
Fly back to Entebbe – where you are met by a driver-guide and taken to a hotel, or arrangements for your flight out are taken care of.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed your twice-gorilla-tracking safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
What is included in this 4-Day Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari?
- Experienced Ugandan Driver-Guide: A Safari becomes more enjoyable when you go with a knowledgeable and professional Local Driver-Guide.
- Greet and Meet at Airport upon arrival: We provide meet and greet services, including a welcome gift and Safari Informational Packet.
- AeroLink Safari Airline Flights: The flights to and from Entebbe are included.
- Full-Board Lodging: All meals are included except alcoholic drinks, sodas, and snacks that you might order apart from meals. Some luxury Lodges have non-premium alcoholic beverages and sodas.
- Private 4×4 Land Cruiser Safari Vehicle with pop-Up Roof: The vehicle has a car fridge, WiFi, and bottled Water.
- Gorilla Trekking: Gorilla Trekking Permits are included in your Safari. Additionally, we provide porter services, a walking stick for support, and bottled water. Read our Practical Gorilla Trekking Advice:
- WiFi Internet Access: Most Lodges only provide a WiFi Internet Connection in the main lodge. We offer you a MiFi Router that gives you and your party access to the internet in your cottage or room, depending on nearby transmission towers. Read Staying in touch with home.
- Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Mandarin, Arabic Speaking Driver-Guides: At an extra cost.
- Your Dietary Needs can be met: Notify us if you are a vegan, vegetarian, or need a gluten-free diet. Halala dietary requirements can be met in most instances. Strictly kosher nutritional requirements cannot be met on safari.
- ;Automatic AMREF-Flying Doctors Air-Medivac Insurance coverage: Our clients have covered in the case of a rare need for medical evacuation to a hospital that meets international standards.
Not included: Visas, Travel Insurance, Tips, drinks at lodges such as Alcoholic drinks and sodas, extra day option.
Contact us if this Fly-In Twice Gorilla Trekking Luxury Safari Interests You.