Planning your Photographic Safari in the Pearl of Africa
Step-by-Step Advice as to How to plan a Photographic Safari in Uganda
How to plan a Photographic Safari in Uganda. We will give you step-by-step advice as you plan your Photographic Safari in the Pearl of Africa with us. We will assist you
With your input, we create a Private Luxury and Value+ midrange Photographic Safari in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. The land of stunning landscapes, great apes, and abundant wildlife. All that on a photographic safari without the crowds. An African country like no other, it is the Pearl of Africa.
We design your Photographic Safari with your wishes and input in mind. Private Treks, hikes, boat rides, and climbs can be arranged for you giving you the time you want to obtain the best photos.
Uganda is undoubtedly one of the most photogenic destinations in all of Africa. Due to Uganda’s diversity, Lonely Planer called Uganda” Africa Condensed into one small country.”
Photogenic Uganda is the perfect country for the Amateur or Professional Photographer to find those great shots of the stunning Scenery, primates, wildlife, and authentic cultural encounters. It is a recognized must-do Photographic Destination.
We created the “How to plan a Photographic Safari in Uganda, giving you Step-by-Step Advice on preparing for a photographic Safari in Photogenic Uganda.
How to plan a Photographic Safari in Uganda – Step-by-Step Advice
Decide what time of the Year is best for your Photographic Safari in Uganda:
Uganda, because of the Rwenzori Mountains, the Great Lakes such as Lake Albert and Lake Victoria offer you a temperate climate with Holiday Weather all year long. The best-to-visit Uganda months can be broken down into High Seasons, the dry season, and the low Seasons, which are the rainy seasons.
The Time of Year is a key to a successful Safari in Africa. Two main seasons will affect your safari planning, dry and rainy. During the dry season, rainfall is rare except in Uganda’s Rainforests. The air is dry, and temperatures vary widely between hot and cold. Savannah vegetation will be sparse, and animals must fight for survival.
While the heat during the day may make your Safari uncomfortable, it’s important to remember that this is the Best Time of the Year to spot wildlife. With little water, animals concentrate around riverbeds, lakes, and watering holes, giving you more chances to see wildlife readily.
It is easier to spot wildlife during the dry season since there is less foliage on the trees and bushes. However, temperatures will rise in Savannah Parks to above 30°Celsius, and Kidepo Valley Park will be hotter during its dry season.
On the other hand, the rainy season will be more fantastic, and the landscape will be green and lush. The rainy season is usually the off-season or shoulder season for safaris. It is much harder to spot game as the animals now have a surplus of water and don’t have to travel to riverbeds and waterholes to drink.
The rainy season is also when the state of the roads degrades. However, if you time it right with the shoulder season, you can find fewer crowds and lower prices because luxury lodges reduce their rates.
Planning your Photographic Safari in Uganda – Best Months of the Year for a Photographic Safari:
The busiest seasons of the Year are from Mid-June to September. October is the shoulder season’s transition month, moving toward the rainy season. September and October have fewer tourists.
The Other High-and Dry Season is from mid-December to March, and March is the transition or shoulder season month.
Low Seasons – Rainy Seasons of the Year
April to Mid-June is part of the rainy season. Luxury Lodges lower their rates during those times, but dates vary lodge by lodge. The benefits for some are fewer people, and the Savannah parks begin to bloom afresh.
November into Mid-December is the other rainy season. Rainy Season in Uganda does not mean Monsoon like weather. Most rain falls at night, and the sun still comes out, but the trails are muddy.
Gorilla Trekking and Chimpanzee Trekking take place in Rainforests. There it can rain anytime. However, most rain falls at night or early pre-dawn morning hours.
Safaris occur all Year, and Safari-Goers always have an extraordinary time. Read more here about the best time to visit Uganda.
Decide the Number of Days and what Activities you want to include in your Photographic Safari.
The activities that you choose determine the length of your Safari. Uganda is one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, with many things to do and see. Read more here about things to do and see.
- Gorilla Trekking or the Longer Gorilla Habituation Experience: You can track Gorillas in both Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla Park. The Gorilla Habituation Experience gives you more time to take pictures of the Gorillas.
- Chimpanzee Trekking or Chimpanzee Habituation Experience: Kibale Forest is your best location for Chimpanzee Trekking.
- Golden Monkey Trekking or Golden Monkey Habituation Experience: Golden Monkey Trekking takes place in Mgahinga Gorilla Park.
- Volcano Climbing – Rwenzori Mountains: Hit the Virunga Volcanoes’ peaks and the Rwenzori Mountains. You can explore the Foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and get great scenic shots of the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Queen Elizabeth Park: Here, the highlights for photographers are the Tree Climbing Lions, the Wildlife Boat Cruise on the Kazinga Channel, the Explosion Crater Lakes, the Banded Mongoose Research, and the Kyambura Gorge.
- Murchison Falls Park: This is the park where the River Nile runs through it. It is home to Murchison Falls, Boat Cruises on the Nile, and the most Rothschild Giraffes in all of East Africa.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary: Track Rhinos on Foot and get great photos of the ancient appearing Shoebill.
- Kidepo Valley Park: This remote and unvisited Park is in Africa as it used to be fifty years ago. Not to be missed by photographers. Read more here.
The above is just a sample of what you can do and see in the Pearl of Africa, and there is much more to the Pearl of Africa.
Our Private photographic Safaris in Photogenic Uganda offer you more:
- Privacy: It is just you and whoever is with you. Since you are the only occupant, there is no jostling for a place with others on Safari.
- Time: There is no need to move around the next bend. There is not just the emphasis on the “Big Five” of Africa, but whatever animal or scene you want to photograph. If you need to sit for an hour, there is no problem. Patience is one of the keys to getting the best photos of any animal you have spotted. Unlike a typical safari, it is not about how many animals one places on a game drive but to get the best photos of an animal, such as a lion stalking an antelope.
- You have complete Independence: If you do not get it right in one day, we can adjust to meet your needs. Usually, it is not essential, but we aim to ensure you get the accurate shots you have in mind.
- Your Choice of Wildlife – Birds – Scenery – People: The choice is yours and no one else. You are in charge.
- Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Golden Monkey Habituation Experience Treks: You have more time to take photos of Chimpanzees and Gorillas during a Habituation Experience. You spend all day with the chimpanzees and 4 hours with a gorilla family.
What is included in our private Photographic Safaris:
- Experienced Ugandan Driver-Guide: A Safari becomes more enjoyable with a knowledgeable and professional Local Driver-Guide.
- Greet and Meet at the Airport upon arrival: We provide meet and greet services, including a welcome gift and Safari Informational Packet.
- Full-Board Lodging: All meals are included except alcoholic drinks, sodas, and snacks that you might order apart from meals. Some luxury Lodges have non-premium alcoholic beverages and sodas.
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle with pop-Up Roof: The vehicle has a car fridge, WiFi, bottled Water, Local Fruit, and Nut Snacks, and car seats for children are available. Beer, Wine be cooled in Car Fridge upon special request.
- Gorilla Trekking: Permits are included in your Safari. We also provide porter services, a walking stick for support, and bottled water. Read our Practical Gorilla Trekking Advice:
- WiFi Internet Access: Most Lodges only provide a WiFi Internet Connection in the main lodge. We offer you a MiFi Router that gives you and your party access to the internet in your cottage or room, depending on nearby transmission towers. Read Staying in touch with home.
- Your Dietary Needs can be met: Notify us if you are a vegan, vegetarian, or need a gluten-free diet. Halala dietary requirements can be met in most instances. Strictly kosher nutritional requirements cannot be completed on Safari. The Abhyudaya- Ugandan Jews by choice Synagogues can be consulted for strict kosher meals in Kampala and at their Guesthouse near Mbale in Eastern Uganda.
- AMREF-Flying Doctors Air-Medivac Insurance coverage: Our clients have covered the case with us with an infrequent need for medical evacuation to a hospital that meets international standards.
Our Flexible Booking Policy and our Price Guarantee are additional ways to give our Clients peace of mind when booking a Safari with us. We suggest you take out travel insurance with a cancellation policy that Protects you.
The right things to wear for a Hike – Climb:
Hiking and climbing in Uganda, wear the right clothes to protect you and keep you comfortable on your one-day hike or climb. The link above will also show you what to wear on forest and savanna hikes.
The best insect repellent for Mosquitoes and Tsetse Flies is the Australian product “RID.”
When going on a Nature Walk, Hike, Gorilla Trek, or Volcano Climb, the terrain matters, and a walking stick that can often be purchased locally will come in handy. These are sticks that are usually taller than a person and give good support on slippery slopes, such as in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Mgahinga Gorilla Park, Volcanoes National Park, Nyungwe Forest, and the Rwenzori Mountains Foothills. We supply our clients with porter services, walking sticks, and bottled water.
It is suggested that you have a daypack where you put a light rain jacket, packed lunch or snacks, and drinking water, and most often, you will need at least 2 to 3 liters. Read more here.
Photographic Safaris in Uganda with Kabiza Wilderness Safaris:
We are here to create and implement the photographic Safari that you wish.
The most important person for a photographic Safari is your Driver-Guide, and he is the one that makes it happen for you, and we will give you the just-right match, someone who knows the needs and wishes of Photographers and point out what is best.
We will assist you with every phase of your photographic Safari. From arrival to departure, we will be there for you.
Photographer permits will be secured as needed. Lodging with adequate workspace for you will be arranged.
Private treks, hikes, nature walks, game drives, and climbs can be arranged upon request.
Our concern is always the outcome of a Safari. That is our focus, and we have become pretty good at it. It is one of our specialties. We do not dabble in everything but focus on what we are good at.
Booking a Photographic Safari with Us:
Contact us and tell us what you would like to include in your Gorilla-Chimpanzee-Wildlife Safari. Let us know whether you would like a midrange or luxury Safari
Planning your Safari
With your input we create the private, luxury or midrange Safari Itinerary that fits you. Permits are bought, Lodges are booked.
On the date of your choice - your African Dream Safari in Uganda begins
2023 -2024 Discounts on our Midrange Value+ and Luxury Safaris:
Private Midrange Value+ Safari Discounts:
- 5% discount on a Safari of four to nine days in length: This includes quality midrange, quality, above average lodges who have agreed to work with us to be able to this one-of-kind unprecedented discount to you. Arrival and departure days are included.
- 10% on ten days or longer Safaris: Save an incredible 10% on your Safari in Uganda. 10% has never been offered by tour operators in Uganda, aside from times when gorilla permits were on special and time-limited discount by Uganda Wildlife Authority. Our discount is not limited to a short time; our offer is for all of 2023 and 2024. However, the Safari must be booked by December 31. 2023.
Read more about Midrange Safaris here. When contacting us, include in your text “Inflation Discount.”
Private Luxury Safari Discounts:
10% discount on a Safari of four days or longer: This includes our Fly-In Safaris with Aerolink Safari Airline. We use the best Luxury Lodges available with whom we have working relationships. Most luxury lodges we use have seasonal discounts during the off-and-shoulder seasons of the Year. The dates of such seasonal discounts vary from lodge to club. We will automatically include such discounts and inform you of them.