Ishasha Wilderness Camp – Ishasha – the Best place in East-Africa to see Tree Climbing Lions
Experience the African Wild up close at Ishasha Wilderness Tented Camp
The exclusive Ishasha Wilderness Camp has that African Wilderness Feeling to it as it is situated in the remote area of Queen Elizabeth Park in the southern Ishasha area of the park along the Ntungwe River. The Camp blends in perfectly with its natural wilderness surroundings. There are just ten spacious Tents in this intimate Wilderness Luxury Camp, making it a one of a kind refuge for you.
Ishasha Wilderness Camp is the only luxury camp in the Ishasha area of Queen Elizabeth Park. Ishasha is the best known for being the best spot where to see Tree-Climbing Lions in all of East Africa.
Our Clients have only raved about their stay at Ishasha Wilderness Camp along the Ntungwe River. The Sundowner in the Bush and Bush Breakfast being two standouts.
Ishasha Wilderness Camp along the banks of the Ntungwe River in the Ishasha area of Queen Elizabeth is one of Uganda’s outstanding luxury Tented Camps. The ten spacious tents create an away from it all refuge in the wilderness. There are large, mosquito-netted beds looking out onto your private verandas with a beautiful river view. The interior of the tent reflects a tasteful sense of subdued elegance that blends in with the setting. You have hot bush-showers, and flush toilet, giving you added convenience. Add to that the superb service that is provided by the staff.
The Camp has a spacious thatched lounge with that African feel to it. It provides an ideal place for guests to relax, while superb meals are served either in the dining area or on the banks of the river. In the evening, there is a traditional bonfire providing that safari campfire setting for guests to share stories of the day’s adventures with a beverage such a Uganda Waragi with Krest Bitter Lemon.
Activities That can be taken from Ishasha Wilderness Camp:
- Game Drives in the Ishasha Area that include the famed Tree-Climbing Lions. However, there are also vast herds of elephants and buffaloes found here since Ishasha is part of the Wildlife Corridor that extends from Virunga National Park in DR Congo to Kibale Forest in Uganda.
- Nature Walks and Hikes along the Ishasasha River with Uganda Wildlife Authority Ranger.
- Birding including Shoebill Sightings along the swampy areas of Lake George
- Community Visits and Projects supported by Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
What our Clients love about Ishasha Wilderness Camp
- The Wilderness feel of the Camp
- The quiet only broken by the sounds of the African Wild
- The superb Service and excellent Meals served
- The Sundowner in the Bush and Bush Breakfast which is are options at Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
Ishasha Wilderness Camp – Our Take:
The Camp is one of those exclusive lodges in Uganda. It is a must-do and sees lodges if Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Queen Elizabeth Park are on the itinerary. It is close to the Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and near the Kihihi Airstrip with daily flights to and from Entebbe International Airport.
We highly recommend Ishasha Wilderness Camp as the lodge to stay at in the Ishasha area of Queen Elizabeth Park.
If you like to include Ishasha Wilderness Camp – Ishasha in your Safari with us – please contact us.
- Choosing the right Tour Operator for your Safari in Uganda - May 6, 2021
- How to save Money on your Safari in Uganda - May 6, 2021
- The Art of Communicating in Uganda for Visitors and Tourists - May 4, 2021