The Fine Art of Safari Price Comparison in Uganda
Getting the Most Value for your Money-Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda
They are comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda. Many travelers planning a safari in Uganda focus on the price of a Safari, and what matters is the quality of the experience on a safari. Let us establish one thing, compared to travel elsewhere. An African Safari is not cheap anywhere on the continent.
In Africa, you have park entrance fees and activity fees for game drives, hikes, nature walks, and boat rides. Lodges tend to be smaller, and you pay more than you would for a similar quality hotel in Europe or Asia. In Uganda, you have the Gorilla and Chimpanzee Permit costs, which will drive up a safari price. Lastly, transport costs are higher in East Africa due to high fuel prices, vehicle acquisition, and maintenance costs.
Despite the above, you will find an advertisement for Cheap Safaris, Cheap Gorilla Safaris in Uganda. The word “Cheap” is instead a loosely used term. Rather than pursuing the “Cheap Safari” that is only a mirage, our suggestion looks for affordability and quality of experience.
You want Value, not cheap, that devalues your experience on a safari in the Pearl of Africa. When Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda, most look at the price of Safari, and they decide based on cost first. For lack of better words, that is often a costly mistake that visitors to Uganda make.
The right way to compare the Price of Safaris is by looking at the following:
- Are the same Lodges used?
- Are Permit Prices included in the price of the Safari?
- Is the Safari Full-Board or Bed and Breakfast?
- Is a quality Safari Vehicle used with non-tinted Windows and a Popup roof?
- Is this a private Safari or a Group Safari?
- Will you have unlimited Drinking Bottled Water?
The General Rule of Thumb in Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda should be, “if it sounds, looks too good to be true, it most likely is.” In Comparing Safaris, one other factor should be added to the equation.
Ensure you agree to a Safari in Uganda offered by a licensed Ugandan Tourism Board Tour Operator. Additionally, they should be a member of AUTO — the Association of Uganda Tour Operators since they have first access to Gorilla, the majority of Gorilla Permits.
Among the many legitimate Ugandan Tour Operators, a few fraudulent con artists promised the sun, moon, and stars and delivered little or nothing. In 2019 several were arrested and dealt with firmly by the Tourism Police and the Uganda Tourism Board-Quality Control.
Our Advice When Comparing the Price of Safaris- Remember the Yugo!
When Comparing Safari Prices, it is good to remember the Yugo Principle, “Cheap Things are not Good, Good Things are not Cheap.” The Yugo was the World’s Cheapest Car, which gave its owners the most grief.
In Uganda, Cheap Things that break apart are called Fake or Zing-Zong Goods. Below, Standard Goods made in China, such as fake Nokia Phones, are authentic.
The last thing is a Zing-Zong Safari based purely on price. An African Safari is a lifetime trip for most, and saving a few hundred dollars is not worth sacrificing for a better experience that gives you long-lasting memories.
Suppose you are coming to Africa to its Pearl, which is Uganda. In that case, you will experience the African Wild on Safari and not deal with the logistical nightmares that a Self-Drive or budget shoestring Safari has attached with them.
Go for a midrange or luxury Safari that gives you peace and mind. That seems to be the choice of most visitors to Uganda.
Our Take on Comparing the Price of Safaris:
We know Uganda, live and work here, and our Safaris are focused on Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. We do not dabble in many things but focus on Hakuna Matata Worry-Free Safaris in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa.
We simplify things. We only off Value+ Midrange and Luxury Safaris. We take the pain from permits, lodge bookings, and planning. We are not the largest Tour Company in Uganda, nor do we aspire to become that. Large is not always better since individualized service to clients gets lost.
Our Private Safari prices are competitively fair to you, with no hidden costs. We love introducing you to Africa on a safe, secure, reasonably priced, value+ safari that gives you the Best Value for your money. Our Tour Guides are some of the best in the Business.
For over a decade, we have done one thing only: Safe, secure, Memorable Safaris in Uganda, serving clients worldwide, many of them repeat clients.
Our Price Guarantee:
Let us suppose that you have received several itineraries with price quotations. It comes down to decision time. To us, a safari is about Value for your money which is one reason we offer value+ full-service midrange and luxury safaris. We do not use price tactics like stripped-down safaris with breakfast only, and we do not use bait-and-switch accommodation practices. What is on our safari itinerary is what you get.
Comparing safari price quotations comes down to comparing apples with apples. Anybody can quote you a lower price, but most often, that will compromise the quality of your Safari. Something that you do not realize until you are in Uganda on Safari.
If you decide upon a quote that you think might be better than ours, bring it to us, and we’ll do a side-by-side analysis of what the two include if the competing quote you give us manages to outdo ours – something that we doubt! Then we’ll beat it, ensuring you get your Safari at the best price.
We have a motto that we live by, “the outcome of a safari is more important than the income. Read more about our Price Guarantee. Additionally, look at our flexible booking policy.
Inflation Busting Discounts on our Midrange Value+ and Luxury Safaris:
Private Midrange Value+ Safari Discounts:
- 5% discount on a Safari of four to nine days in length: This includes quality midrange, quality, above average lodges who have agreed to work with us to get this one-of-kind unprecedented discount to you. Arrival and departure days are included.
- 10% on ten days or longer Safaris: Save an incredible 10% on your Safari in Uganda. 10% has never been offered by tour operators in Uganda, aside from times when gorilla permits were on special and time-limited discount by Uganda Wildlife Authority. Our discount is not limited to a short time; our offer is for all 2023 and 2024. However, the Safari must be booked by December 31. 2023.
Read more about Midrange Safaris here. When contacting us, include in your text “Inflation Discount.”
Private Luxury Safari Discounts:
10% discount on a Safari of four days or longer: This includes our Fly-In Safaris with Aerolink Safari Airline. We use the best Luxury Lodges available with whom we have working relationships. Most luxury lodges we use have seasonal discounts during the off-and-shoulder seasons of the Year. The dates of such seasonal discounts vary from lodge to club. We will automatically include such discounts and inform you of them.
Our Luxury Safaris Our Luxury Fly-In Safaris
Please Note: Gorilla Trekking, Gorilla Habituation Experience, Chimpanzee Trekking, and Chimpanzee Trekking, Golden Monkey Trekking, or Golden Monkey Permits are not discounted since they are set at a fixed price unless Uganda Wildlife Authority offers a temporary discount, then that discount will be reflected in the cost of the Safari. It should also be mentioned that our discounted Safaris is not a stripped-down version of what we usually offer, and this offer is not retroactive, covering previously booked safaris.
What your Inflation Discounted Safaris include:
- Full-Board stays at safe, secure quality Lodges: We choose welcoming, friendly, and hospitable quality lodges for your Safari, including the incoming hotel in Entebbe or Kigali, Rwanda. You have your private en-suite with a bathroom. Many Lodges in Savannah Parks have swimming pools, including midrange lodges.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Meals: We can accommodate vegetarians and vegans on a safari. Additionally, there are kid-friendly meals for families with children. Kosher Friendly meals can also be provided, while strict kosher requirements cannot be met unless you visit the Abayudaya Community in Eastern Uganda. Halal Meals are not a problem at most lodges. Other dietary needs, such as gluten- and sugar-free, can be met if notified.
- Gorilla – Chimpanzee – Golden Monkey Permits: Permits are included in the Safari.
- Porter Services for Gorilla Treks: Your Safari automatically includes Porter Services. You are walking sticks; we supply bottled water for your treks, volcano climbs, and hikes.
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped with Popup Roof: You have an experienced driver-guide that will guide you on a Safari through the Pearl of Africa. The vehicle has a refrigerated unit, and bottled water and fruit snacks are available on longer drives. WiFi is available. We can arrange a MiFi Router for you, which would give you access to the internet even in your cottage since, at most lodges, WiFi is available only in the leading club. You would incur a small charge for the use and data of a MiFi Router.
- AMREF-Flying Doctors Medivac Insurance: Your Well-being is foremost on our mind, and we automatically include emergency air-evac insurance on your Safari. Only once since 2008 have I used it, but when it was needed, it was a good and the right thing. Furthermore, we ask you to take out Travel Insurance that covers you on your Safari. We do not sell such policies, but we have recommendations.