The Fine Art of Safari Price Comparison in Uganda
Getting the Most Value for Your Money-Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda
They are comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda. Many travelers planning a safari in Uganda focus on the price of a Safari, and what matters is the quality of the experience on a safari. Let us establish one thing, compared to travel elsewhere. An African Safari is not cheap anywhere on the continent.
In Africa, you have park entrance fees and activity fees for game drives, hikes, nature walks, and boat rides. Lodges tend to be smaller, and you pay more than you would for a similar quality hotel in Europe or Asia. In Uganda, you have the Gorilla and Chimpanzee Permit costs, which will drive up a safari price. Lastly, transport costs are higher in East Africa due to high fuel prices, vehicle acquisition, and maintenance costs.
Despite the above, you will find an advertisement for Cheap Safaris, Cheap Gorilla Safaris in Uganda. The word “Cheap” is instead a loosely used term. Rather than pursuing the “Cheap Safari” that is only a mirage, our suggestion looks for affordability and quality of experience.
You want Value, not cheap, that devalues your experience on a safari in the Pearl of Africa. When Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda, most look at the price of Safari, and they decide based on cost first. For lack of better words, that is often a costly mistake that visitors to Uganda make.
Tips-Advice Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda-Get the Most Value for Your Money
If you’re planning a safari adventure in Uganda, ensuring you get the best value for your money is crucial. These tips will help you:
When comparing the prices of safaris in Uganda, it’s essential to consider various factors to get the most value for your money. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
- The type of your Safari determines the Price: Uganda offers a range of safari experiences, including gorilla trekking, wildlife safaris, birdwatching tours, and cultural expeditions. The prices will vary based on the type of Safari you choose and the duration and level of exclusivity.
- The Tour Operator for your Safari: Researching various safari companies and comparing their prices can be highly beneficial. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and negotiating for the best deal can save you money.
- Best Time of the Year: The time of year, such as the rainy season for your Safari, can impact the price. It’s worth researching to determine the ideal time to go.
- Full-Service Safari: If you want a well-rounded safari experience while saving money, consider package deals that include accommodation, meals, and activities
- Inclusions and Exclusions: When comparing prices, carefully review what is included in the package. Some safaris may include accommodation, meals, park fees, transportation, and activities, while others may have additional charges for these items. Ensure that you have a clear understanding of what is covered to avoid unexpected costs. Additionally, see if the Safari gives you only a Bed and Breakfast insteadan of an entire board.
- Accommodation: Uganda offers a range of accommodations, from midrange options to luxury lodges and tented camps. The choice of accommodation will affect the overall cost of your Safari. Consider your comfort preferences and budget when selecting the type of lodging.
- Experienced Licensed and Accredited Tour Operator: The tour operator’s reputation, experience, and expertise can influence the safari price. Established, accredited, and reputable operators may charge higher rates due to their quality and reliability of service, experienced driver guides, and well-organized itineraries. Research and read reviews to ensure you choose a reliable operator. Check if Tour Operator is accredited with the Uganda Tourism Board, the Association of Uganda Tour Operators, and the Uganda Wildlife Authority, as Kabiza Wilderness Safaris is.
- Comparing Quotes: Contact multiple tour operators and request detailed quotes outlining services. Compare the itineraries, Lodging, Meal Plans, inclusions, exclusions, and prices to understand each operator’s value better. Be cautious of highly low-priced offers, as they may compromise quality and safety, leaving you disappointed.
- Reviews and Recommendations: Look for reviews and recommendations from other travelers who have previously been on safaris in Uganda. Their experiences can provide insights into the quality of the Safari, the operator, and whether the overall experience justified the price. Read our Google Safari reviews here.
- Private Safaris: Private or customized safaris provide more flexibility, and personalized safari tours give you the best Safari experience.
The right way to compare the Price of Safaris is by looking at the following:
- Are the same Lodges used?
- Are Permit Prices included in the price of the Safari?
- Is the Safari Full-Board or Bed and Breakfast?
- Is a quality Safari Vehicle used with non-tinted Windows and a Popup roof?
- Is this a private Safari or a Group Safari?
- Will you have unlimited Drinking Bottled Water?
The General Rule of Thumb in Comparing the Price of Safaris in Uganda should be, “if it sounds, looks too good to be true, it most likely is.” In Comparing Safaris, one other factor should be added to the equation.
Ensure you agree to a Safari in Uganda offered by a licensed Ugandan Tourism Board Tour Operator. Additionally, they should be a member of AUTO — the Association of Uganda Tour Operators since they have first access to Gorilla, the majority of Gorilla Permits.
Among the many legitimate Ugandan Tour Operators, a few fraudulent con artists promised the sun, moon, and stars and delivered little or nothing. In 2019 several were arrested and dealt with firmly by the Tourism Police and the Uganda Tourism Board-Quality Control.
Our Advice When Comparing the Price of Safaris- Remember the Yugo!
When Comparing Safari Prices, it is good to remember the Yugo Principle, “Cheap Things are not Good, Good Things are not Cheap.” The Yugo was the World’s Cheapest Car, which gave its owners the most grief.
In Uganda, Cheap Things that break apart are called Fake or Zing-Zong Goods. Below, Standard Goods made in China, such as fake Nokia Phones, are authentic.
The last thing is a Zing-Zong Safari based purely on price. An African Safari is a lifetime trip for most, and saving a few hundred dollars is not worth sacrificing for a better experience that gives you long-lasting memories.
Suppose you are coming to Africa to its Pearl, which is Uganda. In that case, you will experience the African Wild on Safari and not deal with the logistical nightmares that a Self-Drive or budget shoestring Safari has attached with them.
Go for a midrange or luxury Safari that gives you peace and mind. That seems to be the choice of most visitors to Uganda.
Our Take on Comparing the Price of Safaris:
We know Uganda, live and work here, and our Safaris are focused on Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. We do not dabble in many things but focus on Hakuna Matata Worry-Free Safaris in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa.
We simplify things. We only off Value+ Midrange and Luxury Safaris. We take the pain from permits, lodge bookings, and planning. We are not the largest Tour Company in Uganda, nor do we aspire to become that. Large is not always better since individualized service to clients gets lost.
Our Private Safari prices are competitively fair, with no hidden costs. We love introducing you to Africa on a safe, secure, reasonably priced, value+ safari that gives you the Best Value for your money. Our Tour Guides are some of the best in the Business.
For over a decade, we have done one thing only: Safe, secure, Memorable Safaris in Uganda, serving clients worldwide, many of them repeat clients.
Our Price Guarantee:
Let us suppose that you have received several itineraries with price quotations. It comes down to decision time. To us, a safari is about Value for your money which is one reason we offer value+ full-service midrange and luxury safaris. We do not use price tactics like stripped-down safaris with breakfast only, and we do not use bait-and-switch accommodation practices. What is on our safari itinerary is what you get.
Comparing safari price quotations comes down to comparing apples with apples. Anybody can quote you a lower price, but most often, that will compromise the quality of your Safari. Something that you do not realize until you are in Uganda on Safari.
If you decide upon a quote that you think might be better than ours, bring it to us, and we’ll do a side-by-side analysis of what the two include if the competing quote you give us manages to outdo ours – something that we doubt! Then we’ll beat it, ensuring you get your Safari at the best price.
We have a motto that we live by, “the outcome of a safari is more important than the income. about our Price Guarantee. Additionally, look at our
Here is what our Safaris include in the Price
- Full-Board stays at safe, secure quality Lodges: We choose welcoming, friendly, and hospitable quality lodges for your Safari, including the incoming hotel in Entebbe or Kigali, Rwanda. You have your private en-suite with a bathroom. Many Lodges in Savannah Parks have swimming pools, including midrange lodges.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Meals: We can accommodate vegetarians and vegans on a safari. Additionally, there are kid-friendly meals for families with children. Kosher Friendly meals can also be provided, while strict kosher requirements cannot be met unless you visit the Abayudaya Community in Eastern Uganda. Halal Meals are not a problem at most lodges. Other dietary needs, such as gluten- and sugar-free, can be met if notified.
- Gorilla – Chimpanzee – Golden Monkey Permits: Permits are included in the Safari.
- Porter Services for Gorilla Treks: Your Safari automatically includes Porter Services. You are walking sticks; we supply bottled water for your treks, volcano climbs, and hikes.
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped with Popup Roof: You have an experienced driver-guide that will guide you on a Safari through the Pearl of Africa. The vehicle has a refrigerated unit, and bottled water and fruit snacks are available on longer drives. WiFi is available. We can arrange a MiFi Router for you, which would give you access to the internet even in your cottage since, at most lodges, WiFi is available only in the leading club. You would incur a small charge for the use and data of a MiFi Router. Recommendations.