Uganda’s year around Holiday Weather – Is another plus visiting Uganda
The Weather and Climate in Uganda is near Perfect – Temperate and Pleasant
The Weather and Climate in Uganda – the Pearl of Africa is unlike any other East African Country. The Evergreen African County can boast Holiday Weather all year long since even during the Rainy Seasons. The sun comes out Each Day.
Though the equator runs through the country due to its elevation, Lake Victoria and its effects on the weather, milder Climate Conditions prevail, making it a perfect Holiday Destination.
Warm but rarely too hot, the temperatures do not fluctuate but are consistent year-round. Add to that Uganda’s Tourist Attractions from Mountain Gorillas to the Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon, the sandy beaches of the Tropical Ssese Islands – Uganda is a great Safari Destination as more and more are finding out.
The Best Times of the Year to track Mountain Gorillas would be the dry seasons – but you can save a lot of money during the off-season when luxury lodges discount their rates, and we pass it on to you.
Holiday Weather all year long.
Uganda Year-Round Holiday Weather and Climate
The Weather and Climate in Uganda are near perfect. There are two reasons. One is its location on the equator, and the other one its elevation. Add to that Lake Victoria, the largest Lake in Africa. A lake that affects the Weather Patterns of many countries is called the great lakes region of Africa.
Even Winston Churchill noted in his 1908 Book “My African Journey” that the Climate was different from Africa.
Uganda has been gifted with near-perfect weather. Uganda’s Weather and Climate are an added plus to a Safari in the Pearl of Africa.
In recent times that climate change has made Uganda’s weather somewhat less predictable.
Even during the two rainy seasons, the sun is out most of the time, and rain often occurs at night and during the early morning hours along with a most delightful thunderstorm, and when it rains, it pours, but soon the sun’s rays have dried up the earth once again.
See an incredible Sunrise and Sunset on Safari in Uganda
Sunrise and Sunset in Uganda vary by a few minutes throughout the year. Dawn in Uganda is at around 6:30 am with the Sun rising near 7:00 am. That may vary by a few minutes throughout the year. Enjoy a second Sunrise with a great cup of Ugandan coffee.
Three great activities that we suggest for you. Take a Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Safari in Murchison Falls and see the wildlife against a Sunrise’s backdrop over the Savannah and the River Nile. Enjoy a traditional Safari Sunrise Bush Breakfast, which can be arranged with several lodges on your Safari.
One cannot forget the traditional Safari Sundowner. A tradition that goes back to Colonial times when Quinine was used to prevent Malaria. It became a tradition to mix Gin and Tonic.
The Colonials used Tonic water for medicinal purposes and for the taste it gave to the gin. The Sundowner became a time to relax at the end of the Safari day when day turned to night. A Ugandan Version might be Uganda Waragi with a Krest Bitter Lemon at Sunset.
Rainy Seasons of the Year in Uganda:
There are two Rainy Seasons a year in much of Uganda. They are called short and long rains. However, if you are in one of the rainforests, such as Bwindi Impenetrable Forest or Kibale Forest, it can rain at any time.
But again, rain here is usually of short duration, heavy at times, but soon it is over, unlike where I have lived in the Northwest of the USA where it can rain steadily for a week at a time.
- Short Rains: April to May of the year accompanied by fantastic thunderstorms.
- Long Rains: September to November, and once again, often, there is a thunderstorm with it. Usually, it is during the night or early morning. By 10 am, the sun is out.
Some dry regions of the country receive a minimal amount of rainfall of 100 mm or less; however, it is between 1000 and 2000 mm in the rest of the country.
The Weather and Climate in Uganda make it one of the best year-round Holiday Destinations. The best time, the best months of the year would be December to late February and June to September to early October.
Temperature Range in various towns of Uganda:
- Kampala – Elevation 1,155 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 27 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Entebbe – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 26 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year. Entebbe is cooler, and the British made it the capital of Uganda since it was more comfortable to live on Lake Victoria with its breeze and somewhat cooler climate and less humid might one add.
- Fort Portal – Elevation 1,540 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 25 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 12 and 14 degrees Celsius throughout the year. This is the country’s western region and, as you can see, considerably higher in elevation than Kampala.
- Kabale – Elevation 1,950 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 23 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 9 and 11 degrees Celsius throughout the year. Again you are dealing with a more elevated elevation location in western Uganda that is cooler so that even apples can be grown.
- Gulu – Elevation 1,110 meters: The high temperature will vary by 5 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 29 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Masindi – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 28 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 12 and 13 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Jinja – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 28 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 14 and 15 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
As you can see, for the most part, the temperature is rather pleasant and holiday-like the weather in Uganda. However, the equator runs through it. Because of its elevation, the temperatures are enjoyable. You can relax along with one of the pools of a lodge or tented camp and relax in the sun on one of Lake Victoria beaches, do use sunscreen to protect your skin and re-apply regularly. If you are taking doxycycline as a malaria regimen, your skin and scalp might become much more sensitive to the sun. Use sun protection.
Current Weather Conditions and Forecast for Kampala-Uganda
The Weather in Uganda – Holiday Like all-year long – even during the Rainy Seasons