Visit and Stay in the Nshenyi Cultural Village in Uganda
Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay – Experience the Ankole Culture in Uganda with a Village Visit and Stay
Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay – Experience the Ankole Culture in Uganda. Nshenyi Cultural Village is your introduction to the Ankole culture. While you stay here, you will experience that traditional pastoralist way of living. Enjoy the quiet Ugandan countryside and the simplicity of life around you here. Nshenyi Village remains Authentic Rural Africa, where the simplicity of life, tradition, culture, family, and friends is appreciated and held firmly to the heart.
The Majestic Ankole Cow, with its massive horns, remains king here. Wake up early, and before dawn, you can milk the cows for a warm glass of milk for breakfast. Visit a school, or even escort the local children there. Be a part of preparing traditional meals.
Take part in the making of Banana Beer or Juice. It is a lot of fun stomping on the Bananas with your FeeYou traditional dances entertain you and soat dinner time ngs as the moon rises and a campfire warms you.
Welcome to Nshenyi Cultural Village near the border with Rwanda and Tanzania, where life is still the way it used to be and where nature’s splendors surround you.
Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay is a cultural immersion into another way of life where you observe the pulling together of the community mixed with a lot of humor and laughter.
Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay – Experience the Ankole Culture in Uganda
Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay – Experience the Ankole Culture in Uganda. While in the Nshenyi Cultural Village, you stay in traditional huts, Bandas, which are clean and furnished, bathing is done outside, and warm water can be prepared. Most rural Ugandans take cold showers with a basin, which might be a bit of a morning shoot food is served at.
At the main loaded, traditional fare and input will be considered. Bottled water is available from us. Drinks such as sodas and beer can be bought here for you to enjoy a sunset.
It is an excellent place for one of our Family – Kid Friendly Safaris. Go to our Family safari advice page, and you will find lots of help as to how one plans a family safari in Uganda. The Nshenyi Cultural Village would be an excellent addition for most families with children.
Every Safari in Uganda needs a few days where one immerses himself in Ugandan Culture, and a Nshenyi Cultural Village does just that.
It is an excellent break from your Primate and Wildlife Safari and allows you to meet ordinary Ugandans.
Things you can do and see during a Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay:
Your Nshenyi Cultural Village Stay can include the below activities. Just let us know which ones you want to be included in your village stay.
- Traditional music and dance of Southwestern Uganda are performed in the evening.
- Learn conventional fishing techniques – this should be a lot of fun
- Watch and learn how milk is processed – it all starts with milking, and you can assist.
- A Nighttime Campfire experience with stories of the past and bull roasting for a taste of the lowest in cholesterol beef, yet tender.
- Take nature walks through animal husbandry.
- Experience the tradition of homestead crop cultivation and food processing
- Bird watching walks
- Visit the Batwa Pygmy community, where they have become potters instead of the hunters and gatherers they once were.
- Visit a local School.
- Visit the broader community -often referred to by its function – trading center.
- Take a hike into Tanzania and cross the Kagera River
- You can even visit Rwanda through the Mirama Hill border
You can include Nshenyi in your safari. Spend one or two nights here, and it will enrich your time on Safari Uganda. The Village Stay is an excellent activity for families with children.
If you are interested in a Nshenyi Cultural Village to Stay – Experience the Ankole Culture in Uganda – Don’t hesitate to contact us.