Stay at the Luxury Four Gorillas Lodge in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Four Gorillas Lodge – the Affordable Luxury Lodge for your Gorilla Trek or Gorilla Habituation Experience.
Stay at the Luxury Four Gorillas Lodge – the Affordable Luxury Lodge for your Gorilla Trek or Gorilla Habituation Experience in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The Lodge overlooks the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You can see primates, birds, and wildlife right from the balcony of your cottage as you have your morning cup of Ugandan coffee or a sundowner at sunset.
The newer Rushaga Luxury Four Gorillas Lodge is a welcomed upmarket addition providing trekkers with an away-from-it feel adjacent to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with scenic views of the lush rainforest from both the main-loge area where you will find the restaurant and bar to the cottages.
The Lodge is a blend of modernity with traditional architecture and decor, providing a comfortable setting where you are surrounded by subdued elegance with Bwindi Impenetrable Forest so near you.
A stay here is an immersion into Africa, from the Ugandan welcome and hospitality to the lodge accentuating African decor and style. Even the meals come with an African twist, reflecting what comes from local gardens and the spices used.
Our Clients on Safari trekking Gorillas in the Rushaga area have loved their stay there, and we can highly recommend using the lodge as your base for your encounter with the gentle giants of the forest.
What Four Gorillas Lodge offers its Guests:
- Ensuite Cottages: All Bandas (cottages) have a private balcony with sweeping views of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You can have meals served in your room or on the balcony.
- Main Lodge area: Here, you will find the reception area, dining inside and out on the balcony, bar, and lounge with fireplace.
- Meals: Western Cuisine with an African touch. Vegans and Vegetarians will find meals just right for them.
- Drinks: The Lodge serves various drinks, juices, and alcoholic beverages.
- Service: Friendly, welcoming, and hospitable staff will meet your needs.
- WiFi: You can stay in touch with home.
- Safe and Secure: The Lodge is in a safe and secure location with round-the-clock security staff.
Activities you can do while staying at Four Gorillas Lodge in the Rushaga area:
- Gorilla Trekking: The lodge is located close to the Trekking Trailhead. The Rushaga area is considered one of the best areas for Gorilla Trekking.
- Gorilla Habituation Experience: The perfect lodge for those doing the Gorilla Habituation Experience.
- Meet the First People of the Forest-the Batwa: See the forest through the eyes of its first inhabitants, the Indigenous Batwa People.
- Village Visits: Meet the locals of the area on a Village visit.
- Nature Walks and Bird Watching: Enjoy a guided nature walk or bird-watching outing from here.
- Hit the Hiking Trails: Excellent Hiking Trails abound in the Rushaga area. You can even hike through the forest from here to the Buhoma area.
How to get to Four Gorillas Lodge in the Rushaga area:
Drive to Rushaga from Kigali-Rwanda:
Your 3-Day Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari begins as we leave your hotel in Kigali at 6:30 am or the Kigali Airport for your moderately priced Safari. The drive time to Rushaga is about 4 to 5 hours, depending on the Border Crossing and road-conditions on that day.
Usually, the border crossing is about 30 to 45 minutes, and you are in Uganda heading for the ancient Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Officials on both sides will try to ease the border crossing for Tourists.
Any inconvenience fade in the light of the shorter drive time you have before you. Please note that it takes nine to ten hours from Entebbe or Kampala to reach the Rushaga area.
The Route you are on from Kigali to Bwindi is one of the most scenic drives in East Africa through the rolling, terraced hills of Rwanda and Uganda.
Fly from Entebbe International Airport to Kisoro – 90-minute scenic flight:
We will pick you up at your hotel in Entebbe at around 6:15 am for your 7:00 am departure with AeroLink Airlineto Kisoro. Your flight time is 90 minutes, with a brief stopover at the Kihihi Airstrip. In Kisoro. You are met by your driver-guide, who will take you to your Lodge. This is the quickest and most convenient way to reach the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The Drive-Time from Kisoro to Four Gorillas Lodge is 45 to 60 minutes.
There is a 15 kg weight restriction for your flight. Excess baggage costs $6 additional payment, and you can leave extra luggage with us. To save on the weight of your bag, we suggest that you wear your gorilla wear for your flight, including the rain jacket and hiking boots.
Get a preview of Four Gorillas Lodge