Value+ Moderately Priced 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari – Buhoma
Private Value+ Priced Midrange Gorilla Trekking Safari in the Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Value+ Midrange 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the Buhoma area of the park.
This is a moderately priced Gorilla Safari that gives you that time with a Mountain Gorilla Family in the wild. A once-in-a-lifetime experience for most.
Fulfill your once in a Lifetime Dream, Tracking the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda.
Stay at the small fabulous, midrange Haven Lodge overlooking the ancient rainforest.
You can extend your Value+ Priced Midrange Gorilla Trekking Safari by adding a second day of Gorilla Trekking or adding a time in nearby Queen Elizabeth Park along with chimpanzee trekking.
Please Note: Due to the increase in Trekkers, Gorilla Permits are limited during the Peak Season Months of June through October and December through March.
What is a Value+ Midrange Safari?
Our Value+ Safaris are private, full-service Safari using quality, midrange lodges with ensuite rooms or cottages. Our Value+ Hakuna Matata Safaris come with a full-board meal plan, a private safari vehicle with your experienced driver guide, who will introduce you to Uganda, its primate, wildlife, and Ugandan culture.
Value+ Midrange 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari Highlights:
- Value+ Midrange Full-Service Safari
- Quality Mid-Range Lodging -the Haven Lodge offers better-quality rooms, service, and meals.
- Full-Board, including Meals on Road
- Private Safari – You and your experienced Driver
- Super Custom Safari Van with pop-up roof
- Gorilla Permits are handled by us and are included in the Price of Safari
- Bottled water is included in the vehicle and for the Gorilla Trek.
- Porter Services and Walking Sticks: are included.
Gorilla Trekking Safety and Security in Uganda: Uganda is the only Mountain Gorilla Destination that has been a Guerrilla-Free zone. Uganda is home to Gorillas but not Guerillas.
All Gorilla Treks have an armed escort. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is patrolled for poachers and anyone who is not authorized to be in the Forest. Safe Gorilla Trekking is not the norm and not the exception:
Value+ Midrange 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Detail:
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport
Welcome to Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, for your African Gorilla Adventure in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which according to CNN Travel, is one of the best parks in Africa.
You will be met by us no matter your arrival time. We will take you to your hotel where you can enjoy lunch or dinner.
Stay overnight at a luxury hotel that we arrange for you conveniently near the airport for an early flight to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with Aerolink Safari Airline.
This is the quickest and most convenient way chosen by an increasing number of our clients, and the convenience outweighs the extra cost and will give you more time in and around Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
We can also arrange a day room or an overnight stay before your flight out of Uganda. Entebbe International Airport Tourist Information.
Day 1-Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest:
Value+ Midrange 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari begins: We Depart Entebbe early for Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
The journey to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is quite scenic, especially as you get closer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The area there is often called the Switzerland of Africa with its terraced Mountains and Hillsides.
Lunch is taken on the road to Bwindi Forest in Mbarara. The arrival time in the Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is late afternoon.
Option: You can make this a fly-in Safari from Entebbe and avoid the long drive, giving you more time in the park. Each year, more are choosing the fly-in option even though it costs more.
Check into the Haven Lodge in Buhoma:
The Haven Lodge is a small community-owned and managed mid-range Lodge with private cottages, including one family cottage overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It is one of the best mid-range lodges in the Buhoma Area of the Park. In our opinion, to get the most value for your money when it comes to a midrange Lodge.
The Lodge is owned and managed by the Buhoma Community Organization and is just outside of the Village of Buhoma.
If you are planning to come during Uganda’s peak seasons – June to October and December through March – book with us early.
Meal Plan: Lunch – Dinner
Day 2 – Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Buhoma Area:
What Should I wear tracking Gorillas?
Here is practical advice about what to wear while Gorilla Trekking in Uganda. Often Trekkers are not dressed right for the occasion, which can spoil your day, and your focus might not be on the Gorillas but on personal discomfort and misery. Wearing suitable clothing and footwear is about protection.
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
- Daypack: Preferably a waterproof daypack, you can use it as a carry-on flying to Uganda. Pack all essentials inside of the daypack.
- Hiking Boots: Make sure that they have good treads on them. You will need ankle support, something boots give you and give you reactions on muddy trails. Have a good pair of merino wool socks.
- Long Trouser: They will protect you from nettles and thorns. Tuck the trousers into your socks for added protection from ants.
- Long-Sleeved Shirt: Neutral in color. Again, this is for your comfort and protection.
- Rain Jacket or Poncho: Pack into your daypack. You never know when it will train. You are in an Afro-montane Rainforest.
- Tough Gardening Gloves: This is to protect your hands from thorns, nettles, and sharp branches.
- Wide Brimmed Hat: It gives you protection from the Sun.
- Camera Equipment – Binoculars: Ensure extra batteries and storage devices. Put them into Ziploc bags. Binoculars are not needed if you are not a birder.
- Packed Lunch and Bottled Water: You will need your packed lunch from the Lodge and two liters of bottled water.
- Insect Repellent – Sun Lotion – Sunglasses: We recommend the effective Australian RID Insect Repellent. Good Sun blocker cream and sunglasses.
- You will need a Porter and Walking Stick: The services of a porter free you on the often-difficult trail, and a local walking stick helps you and steadies you on the often-challenging path. We supply our clients with both.
Read more about Gorilla Gear and Wear here.
Early Breakfast and take your packed lunch from the Lodge. For Gorilla Trekking Gear. Having the right gear and wearing the right clothes and boots make a difference in the quality of a Trek that you will have.
The Gorilla Trekking Orientation:
Here you receive instructions about the Gorilla Trek. You are assigned your Gorilla Family based on your input, and your age and fitness level are also considered.
You often track the Gorilla Groups you like, and we will help you with the Park Staff. Trekking times vary between three and six hours depending on the gorilla group you will be trekking on your day. We strongly suggest you read the Rules and Guidelines before going on a Trek.
If you have physical limitations, you can still visit a gorilla family. Let us know, and we will make the necessary arrangements, such as a sedan chair carried by a team of porters.
The Gorilla Trek
The Trek begins with an orientation. This is where you are assigned your Gorilla Family that you will be trekking. The Uganda Wildlife Ranger appoints the group. The decision is based on your age, fitness level, and the preferences you give.
If you have a cold, cough, flu, or other infectious ailments, you will not be allowed to trek the gorillas.
The Trek in the Buhoma area is at a lower elevation, and there are no problems with the altitude here. The Trek is three to five hours long. Pre-Trackers are out in the forest locating the gorilla family you will visit.
The actual encounter with a Gorilla Family is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most. Mountain Gorillas can only be seen in the Wild. They do not survive captivity.
After the Gorilla Trek Options:
- Relax at the Lodge
- Take the Buhoma Village Walk
- Do the Batwa Experience with the First People of the Forest
- Bike around or into Bwindi Forest
Meal Plan: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
Day -3- Return Drive to Entebbe:
After Breakfast, the return drive to Entebbe begins. This is a nine-hour drive. The trip is broken by taking lunch halfway to Entebbe or Kampala.
There is a Must-See & Do Stop at the Equator. There you can take the traditional at the Equator Picture. Here you can have lunch, a snack, a drink and buy souvenirs.
Arrive in Entebbe in the late afternoon. There we can arrange a hotel for you. Many find a dayroom to be just right to freshen up for the flight out. This also allows you to have a leisurely dinner before boarding.
Your Safari ends in Entebbe, and we are thankful that you chose Kabiza Wilderness Safaris for your time in the Pearl of Africa-Uganda.
Option: Fly back by AeroLink to Entebbe instead of driving.
Meal Plan: Breakfast Lunch
What is included in your Value+ Midrange 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari?
- Full-Board stays at safe, secure quality Lodges: We choose welcoming, friendly, and hospitable quality lodges for your Safari, including the incoming hotel in Entebbe or Kigali, Rwanda.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Meals: We can accommodate vegetarians and vegans on a safari. Additionally, there are kid-friendly meals for families with children. Kosher Friendly meals can also be provided. Other dietary needs, such as gluten- and sugar-free, can be met if we are notified.
- Gorilla Permits: Permits are included in the Safari.
- Porter Services for Gorilla Treks: Porter Services are automatically included in your Safari. You are walking sticks; we supply bottled water for your treks, volcano climbs, and hikes.
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped with Pop-Up Roof: You have an experienced driver-guide that will guide you on a Safari through the Pearl of Africa. The vehicle has a refrigerated unit, and bottled water and fruit snacks are available on longer drives. WiFi is available. We can make arrangements for a MiFi Router for you, which would give you access to the internet even in your cottage since, at most lodges, WiFi is available only in the leading club. You would incur a small charge for the use and data of a MiFi Router.
- AMREF-Flying Doctors Medivac Insurance: Your Well-being is foremost on our mind, and we automatically include emergency air-evac insurance yo your Safari.
- Not included: Visas, Travel Insurance, Laundry, Tips, drinks at lodges such as Alcoholic drinks and sodas, and optional listed activities.
For over a Decade since 2008, we have offered Hakuna Matata – No-Worries Safaris:
Our private Hakuna Matata – No Worries Safaris are full-service Value+ Midrange and Luxury Safaris that come with all needed for a successful Safari in Uganda. You have your own Safari Vehicle with an experienced driver. You stay at a quality midrange or luxury Lodge, and all the activities listed are included. The outcome of your safari is more important to us than income.
If you are interested in this 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda – Please use the Contact below.