The cure for Pandemic Cabin Fever is to Travel – Consider Uganda-The Pearl of Africa.
After endless Pandemic Lockdowns-most feels the Urge to Travel!!!
The cure for Pandemic Cabin Fever is to Travel: During the Pandemic lockdowns work from home scenarios, many developed a severe case of Cabin Fever. The Wanderlust spirit (urge to travel) arose in many of us.
In 2022 came another unwelcomed addition, worldwide inflation that has turned into a recession in some countries brought about by the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. This, on top of the COVID-pandemic further limits, travel and locking up people since they cannot afford the high fuel price for in-country travel.
Despite all that, most still want to get away from mandates, lockdowns, inflation, and things that limit us from being ourselves. We have that nomadic urge that compels us to move beyond the humdrum of daily life during the pandemic.
We want to get away from the familiar, the repetitious, the dreadful, and the dreary, boring daily news.
The cure for Pandemic and Inflation Cabin Fever is to travel:
To travel is saying “YES” to Adventure. Travel will take you to places that will remind you how small we and our problems are. Unplug from it all and regain the inner clarity one needs.
Where should my Travels take me?
Consider a time in Africa; there is no better destination than the Pearl of Africa, Uganda.
Uganda is a friendly, welcoming, and hospital country, and it is also safe and secure. As an American, I feel safer here than in many of America’s big cities.
Put aside what armchair pundits have told you about Uganda. Most of them have never set foot on Ugandan soil. The words of Aldous Huxley come to mind: “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
It is time to discover Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, and it is East Africa’s Premier Primate Destination. Uganda has Africa condensed into a country the size of Oregon, and it is one of the world’s most biodiverse countries. Home to not just the Big -5 but the Big-7: Gorillas, Chimpanzees, Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffaloes, and Rhinos, plus the scenic wonders and holiday-like weather year-round.
The cure for Pandemic Cabin Fever is to Travel – Consider Uganda as Winston Churchill did!
When the seasoned African travel, Winston Churchill recorded his journey to Uganda in his book “My African Journey,” he wrote enthusiastically: “For magnificence, for variety of form and color, for the profusion of brilliant life — bird, insect, reptile, beast — for vast scale — Uganda is true “the Pearl of Africa.”
The Kingdom of Uganda is a fairy tale. The scenery is different, the climate is different, and most of all, the people are other than anything elsewhere to be seen in the whole range of Africa….what message I bring back….concentrate on Uganda.
From end to end, Uganda is a ‘beautiful garden’ where the ‘staple food’ of the people grows almost without labor. Does it not sound like a paradise on earth? It is the Pearl of Africa.”
The cure for Pandemic Cabin Fever is a Safari in the Pearl of Africa-Uganda.
One must note that Winston Churchill did not write in such glowing language about any other African Country, only Uganda. So why not follow his lead and consider Uganda your post-pandemic travel destination?
You like thousands before you, and you will be glad, and the country will amaze you. We suggest you consider spending ten to fourteen days on a midrange or luxury Hakuna Matata Worry-Free Private Safari in the Pearl of Africa.
Uganda is Africa as you imagined it, only better. A safari in Uganda will transform you. The Safari Bug will bite you, and you will be hooked on Africa.
Francesca Marciano wrote, “Why is it you can never hope to describe the emotion Africa creates? You are lifted. Out of whatever pit, unbound from whatever tie, released from whatever fear. You are lifted and you see it all from above.”-Francesca Marciano.
To make it a bit easier for you to travel to Uganda, we offer our Time Limited Pandemic-Inflation busing discounts below.
Our Pandemic – Inflation Busting Discounts on our Midrange Value+ and Luxury Safaris:
Private Midrange Value+ Safari Discounts:
- 5% discount on a Safari of four to nine days in length: This includes quality midrange, quality, above average lodges who have agreed to work with us to be able this one-of-kind unprecedented discount to you. Arrival and departure days are included.
- 10% on 10-days or longer Safaris: Save an incredible 10% on your Safari in Uganda. 10% has never been offered by tour operators in Uganda, aside from times when gorilla permits were on special and time-limited discount by Uganda Wildlife Authority. Our discount is not limited to a short time; our offer is for all 2022 and 2023. However, the Safari must be booked by December 31. 220
Read more about Midrange Safaris here. When contacting us, include in your text “Inflation Discount.”
Private Luxury Safari Discounts:
10% discount on a Safari of four days or longer: This includes our Fly-In Safaris with Aerolink Safari Airline. We use the best Luxury Lodges available with whom we have working relationships. Most luxury lodges we use have seasonal discounts during the off-and-shoulder seasons of the Year. The dates of such seasonal discounts vary from lodge to club. We will automatically include such discounts and inform you of them.
Please Note: Gorilla Trekking, Gorilla Habituation Experience, Chimpanzee Trekking, and Chimpanzee Trekking, Golden Monkey Trekking, or Golden Monkey Permits are not discounted since they are set at a fixed price unless Uganda Wildlife Authority offers a temporary discount, then that discount will be reflected in the cost of the Safari. It should also be mentioned that our discounted Safaris are not a stripped-down version of what we usually offer. This offer is not retroactive, covering previously booked safaris.
What your Inflation Discounted Safaris include:
- Full-Board stays at safe, secure quality Lodges: We choose welcoming, friendly, and hospitable quality lodges for your Safari, including the incoming hotel in Entebbe or Kigali, Rwanda. You have your private en-suite with a bathroom. Many Lodges in Savannah Parks have swimming pools, including midrange lodges.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Meals: We can accommodate vegetarians and vegans on a safari. Additionally, there are kid-friendly meals for families with children. Kosher Friendly meals can also be provided, while strict kosher requirements cannot be met unless you visit the Abayudaya Community in Eastern Uganda. Halal Meals are not a problem at most lodges. Other dietary needs, such as gluten- and sugar-free, can be met if we are notified.
- Gorilla – Chimpanzee – Golden Monkey Permits: Permits are included in the Safari.
- Porter Services for Gorilla Treks: Porter Services are automatically included in your Safari. You are walking sticks; we supply bottled water for your treks, volcano climbs, and hikes.
- Private 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped with Pop-Up Roof: You have an experienced driver-guide that will guide you on a Safari through the Pearl of Africa. The vehicle has a refrigerated unit, and bottled water and fruit snacks are available on longer drives. WiFi is available. We can make arrangements for a MiFi Router for you, which would give you access to the internet even in your cottage since, at most lodges, WiFi is available only in the leading club. You would incur a small charge for the use and data of a MiFi Router.
- AMREF-Flying Doctors Medivac Insurance: Your Well-being is foremost on our mind, and we automatically include emergency air-evacac insurance yo your Safari. Only once since 2008 have, I used it, but when it was needed, it was a good and the right thing. We furthermore ask you to take out a Travel Insurance that covers you on your Safari. We do not sell such policies, but we have recommendation