Why you need a Daypack for your Gorilla Tracking Encounter
Choosing the right Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari
Why you need a Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda or Rwanda? Gorilla Trekking is done in Tropical Rainforests where there is the usual morning mist accompanied by a bit of normally light rain. You are on the actual Gorilla Trek between 3 and 6 hours, at times somewhat longer. The weather changes from a cool morning to a warmer day, you might need something to eat, something to drink, protection for your camera, lenses, batteries, all reason why a waterproof daypack will come in very handy, even better use a porter to carry your daypack for a small fee and you are supporting the local community in the process.
A Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari is even more necessary if you are on the all-day Gorilla Habituation Experience where you spend 4-Hours with a Gorilla Family in the Rushaga area of Bwindi .mpenetrable Forest.
You do not need the most expensive daypack – but sturdy, waterproof, comfortable to wear, large enough to pack the things you will need on the day of your Safari
- Packed Luch if your Trek is longer than 4-hours.
- 2-Liters of Bottled Water or equivalent into a Bottle that is attached to Daypack.S
- High Energy Snacks – You can buy locally grown dried Peanuts – Dried Fruit – or in the US go to Trader Joe and buy some.
- Light Rain Jacket or Poncho unless it is raining
- Camera Equipment – use Ziploc Bags or a Shower Cap to protect items
- Use a porter to carry your Daypack so that you can focus on the Trek
The Things you will not need to pack on the Day of your Trek
- Your Phone – Trek Unplugged – all you need is for it to ring while you are with the Gorillas
- Binoculars will not be needed unless you are a birder – You are close to the Gorillas
- Do not bring Cigarettes – Smoking is not permitted
Waterproof Daypack for your Gorilla Trekking Safari – a simple Daypack, everyone has one at home, some use it to carry their books to school, others take one to work. You mostly did not associate a Daypack, a waterproof one at that with Gorilla Trekking. It is one of the ingredients that make your time with the Gorillas a success. We suggest that you use it during your whole Safari with us even as a carryon flying to Uganda or Rwanda.
The Focus is seeing the Gorillas, the daypack makes it easier.