Uganda’s year around Holiday Weather – Is just another plus visiting Uganda
The Weather and Climate in Uganda is near Perfect – Temperate and Pleasant
The Weather and Climate in Uganda – the Pearl of Africa unlike any other East African Country, the Evergreen African County can boat Holiday like Weather all year long since even during the Rainy Seasons the sun comes out Each Day. Though the equator runs through the country, due its elevation. Lake Victoria and its effects on the weather, milder Climate Conditions prevail making it a perfect Holiday Destination.
Warm but rarely too hot, the temperatures do not fluctuate but are consistent year-around. Add to that Uganda’s Tourist Attractions from Mountain Gorillas to the Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon, the sandy beaches of the Tropical Ssese Islands – Uganda is a great Safari Destination as more and more are finding out.
The Best Times of the Year to track Mountain Gorillas would be the dry seasons – but you can save a lot of Money on Gorilla Permits in April – May November.c
Uganda has the gift of Holiday weather year around, The Weather and Climate in Uganda are near perfect. There are two reasons, one is its location on the equator and the other one its elevation. Both of these together give Uganda the gift of near-perfect weather and for those coming here on holiday on a Wildlife Safari or simply a cultural visit to Uganda receive the added gift of the weather.
Even during the two rainy seasons, do not let the words “rainy season” fool you, the sun is out most of the time and rain often occurs at night and during the early morning hours along with a most delightful thunderstorm and when it rains, it pours but soon the sun’s rays have dried up the earth once again.
Sunrise and Sunset:
It varies by a few minutes throughout the year. Dawn and sunrise will come at around 6:30 am in the morning. If you are near a mosque, the first call to prayer will be at 5 in the morning alone with the roosters. Sunset is at 7 pm or shortly afterward, giving 12 1/2 hours of daylight each day.
Rainy Seasons of the Year in Uganda:
There are two a year, called short and long rains. However if you are in one of the rainforests or around Lake Victoria it can rain at any time, but again, rain here is usually of short duration, heavy at times, but soon it is over, unlike where I have lived in the Northwest of the USA where it can rain steadily for a week at a time.
- Short Rains: April to May of the year accompanied by fantastic thunderstorms.
- Long Rains: September to November and once again often there is a thunderstorm with it. Usually, it is during the night or early morning, by 10 am the sun is out. This year in 2012 the long rains have arrived early.
There are some dry regions of the country that receive a very small amount of rainfall of 100 mm or less however in the rest of the country it is between 1000 and 2000 mm.
The Weather and Climate in Uganda make it one of the best year-around Holiday Destinations. The best time, the best months of the year would be December to late February and from June to September to early October.
Temperature Range in various towns of Uganda:
- Kampala – Elevation 1,155 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 27 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Entebbe – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 26 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year. Entebbe is cooler and the British made it the capital of Uganda since it was more comfortable to live along Lake Victoria with its breeze and somewhat cooler climate and less humid might one add.
- Fort Portal – Elevation 1,540 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 25 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 12 and 14 degrees Celsius throughout the year. This is the western region of the country and as you can see considerably higher in elevation than Kampala
- Kabale – Elevation 1,950 meters: The high temperature will vary by 2 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 23 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 9 and 11 degrees Celsius throughout the year. Again you are dealing with a higher in elevation location in western Uganda that is cooler so that even apples can be grown.
- Gulu – Elevation 1,110 meters: The high temperature will vary by 5 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 29 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Masindi – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 28 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 12 and 13 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- Jinja – Elevation 1,145 meters: The high temperature will vary by 3 degrees Celsius over the year, the mean daily high being 28 degrees Celsius. The low varies between 14 and 15 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
As you can see that, for the most part, the temperature is rather pleasant and holiday like the weather in Uganda, though the equator runs through it, because of its elevation the temperatures are enjoyable. You can relax along one of the pools of a lodge or tented camp and simply relax in the sun on one of the beaches of Lake Victoria, do use sunscreen to protect your skin and re-apply regularly. If you are taking doxycycline as a malaria regiment, your skin and scalp might become much more sensitive to the sun use Sun protection.
Travelers to Uganda Information 100’s of Pages to help you in planning your Travel to and in Uganda Here you will find most of the information that you will need in regards to travel to and inside of Uganda. Most everything that a traveler may want to know, from safety and security to visa tips are found there.
Explore and Discover Uganda before you arrive in the Pearl of Africa and enjoy the country before you step off of the plane in Entebbe.
Our Suggestion – know Uganda before you go, do not come aware and that means a lot more than the wonderful weather that Uganda is graced with all years long.
Remember The Weather and Climate in Uganda making it one of the best countries in Africa to visit all-year long.
The Weather in Uganda – Holiday Like all-year long – even during the Rainy Seasons