Budget Accommodations – Good Food at Ruboni Community Camp
The Perfect place to stay while exploring and hiking the Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon
Ruboni Community Camp is located in the Foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains in the village of Ruboni, a small community of 2000 Bakonzo People.
The Community Camp gives its guests great views of the Rwenzori Mountains whether you are staying in one of the Bandas which are small self-contained with running water cottages, each in its private setting, with a veranda where you can sit and enjoy the mountain views.
There are also private rooms that use shared bath near to the restaurant of the Ruboni Community Camp. One of the rooms has a washroom in it and hot water will be brought upon request. The water you have here is piped from a nearby spring.
In the rooms and in the Bandas you have two twin beds with mosquito netting provided by the Camp.
The Restaurant serves Ugandan and Continental Food. brought to you by a most friendly staff. The Cooks have been trained in part by the upmarket Equator Snow Lodge. You will certainly not go hungry here.
At the camp you can meet those that take you out the Trails such as the Hill Hike, Forest Walk, the three-day Mahoma Hike. They can give you background on the Rwenzori Mountains and the Bakonzo People.
In the Evening for a nominal fee, the Ruboni Dance Troupe will perform for your pleasure and enjoyment.
R:uboni Community Camp offers Day-hikes and more:
- Ruboni Village Walk: See a traditional homestead, craft demonstrations that you can join, visit the village blacksmith, the traditional healer, a village elder who is a story teller and more.
- Hill Climb Walk: Half-Day to Full-Day Hikes with Mountain views of Margherita Peak, Africa’s third highest mountain. This can be an overnight hike.
- Forest Walk: Walk in the forest bordering the UNESCO World Heritage National Park
- Bird Watching: Look for Rwenzori Turacos; tiny, iridescent Sunbirds and colorful Bee-eaters, you will also see monkeys and the three-horned Chameleons
- Dance and Drumming Lessons: Shown to you by the local youth group and you can join in to show your style
- 3-Day Mahoma Trail: Staff and Porters from the Community will take you into the Rwenzori Mountains on this 3 day-hike.
Ruboni Community Camp, a restful base camp in the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains. Budget lodging – sumptuous meals served in the Restaurant, local vegetables and fruit, the Community Camp has been great for our clients who have loved the services offered and the guided foothills hikes.
If you are wanting to include Ruboni Community Camp in your safari with us – please let us know.