Planning your own personalized – private Safari in Uganda – Rwanda
What to know about Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda
Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda. The things you want to see and do determine the kind of Safari you go on in Uganda or Rwanda. Planning your Safari with us is your first step toward a successful Safari. The number of days you have, the amount of money you can spend, the permits like Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Climbing, Hiking, Fishing Fees, the type of lodging. the number of participants, the kind of lodging you prefer all determine the final cost of your safari.
Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda – Uganda, and Rwanda are different from other Safari locations in Africa – the reason is that Uganda is more diverse with gorillas, Chimpanzees, Wildlife and birds, while Rwanda is often as a one activity stopover – Gorilla Tracking.
When Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda is the first step, What you would like to do and see, the activities and the number of days. Often visitors do not plan for enough days for a Safari in either country. You can only start some activities such as gorilla trekking or chimpanzee trekking in the mornings in Rwanda, you can trek chimpanzees in the afternoon in Uganda. There is also the distances the time that it takes to reach them
When Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda take to mind that you can combine a safari in Uganda with Rwanda, fly into one country and fly out of the other. You can even fly into Rwanda and trek Gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi Forest in the Rushaga area. Permits are 600 USD compared to 750, during the months of April, May, November gorilla trekking permits are further reduced to 450 USD. You can also go on a Gorilla Habituation Experience, which is an all-day trek spending 4 hours with a gorilla family instead of the normal 1 hour while trekking gorillas.
Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda – What would you like to do and see?
- Fly into Rwanda – Trek Gorillas in Uganda -less travel time.
- Gorilla Habituation Experience – 4 hours with a gorilla family – Rushaga – Bwindi Forest – Uganda
- Chimpanzee Trekking?(4 different locations where you can track Chimpanzees – the best one being Kibale Forest in Uganda). You can also Trek Chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda.
- All-Day Chimpanzee Habituation Experience in Kibale Forest – Uganda.
- Do you want to go Volcano Climbing, Mountain Climbing such as the Rwenzori Mini-Hike or at least take a hike in the Foothill of the Mountains of the Moon – the Rwenzori Mountains? In Rwanda there are two Volcanoes to hike on a one day trip.
- Do you want a combined Uganda – Rwanda Safari?
- Do you want to take a break after Gorilla Tracking and spend a day or two at a Lake that is a scene out of “Lord of the Rings” on in Rwanda relax along Lake Kivu?
- Which of the National Parks of Uganda are you on your must do list Murchison Falls – Queen Elizabeth Park – Lake Mburo – Kidepo Valley National Park -Mgahinga Gorilla Park – Kibale Forest?
- Uganda is the Birding Capital of East Africa – would you like to find some of the 1060 species of Birds plus on your Safari?
- Would you like to combine some cultural visits with your Safari?
- Would you like to go Budget, Moderate – Up-Market or exclusive.
- Do you prefer Tented Camps to Lodges?
- Would you like to spend time in Kampala – the capital City or Kigali in Rwanda?
- Would you like visit the Genocide Memorials in Rwanda?
- Would you like to take part in the best White Water Rafting in the World on the historic River Nile?
- Would you like to incorporate Cultural activities?
- Would you like a Horseback Riding Safari?
- Would you like a Hiking Safari in Uganda – Rwanda?
- How many days would you like to spend on a Safari?
It is best to do a checkup with your doctor – see what vaccinations and malaria regiments he or she recommends – a travel clinic is also a great spot, in some cases such as the US you can go to a County Health Center and receive vaccinations for your time in Africa and Rwanda and Uganda in particular.
In some cases, a travel clinic may be advisable – since family doctors are not always familiar with what is best for you when traveling to Africa on Safari.
Is insurance advisable for my trip to Uganda?
Many visitors to Uganda take out Insurance prior to coming to Uganda or Rwanda including cancellation insurance, emergency evacuation, medical costs, theft, loss of personal baggage and more.
Travel Insurance which includes medical evacuation is advisable – most visitors to Africa – to Uganda have a trouble-free time here. It is good however to have the insurance for that extra peace of mind as you travel to Uganda for your African Dream Safari in the Pearl of Africa.
Travel Insurance gives you that assurance that in an Emergency you can be taken care of here in Africa and or evacuated to your home country.
Practical tips – advice and information that will make your safari a success in Uganda – it begins with preparation while you are at home in your country with things such as a Bradt Travel Guide which is great reading material. There is what to wear while on safari in Uganda, gorilla tracking and what to wear while on a savannah safari.
What shoes to wear, about binoculars, photo tips while gorilla tracking, the top ten things to bring on a safari, journaling, packing for a safari, safari lodging advice and more.
More information about safari going in Uganda than you will need. We wrote this for our clients who often had questions, here they find answers and more.
A safari begins with preparing at home – it is a trip of a lifetime.
Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda – Those are some of the questions that will help you to formulate what kind of safari you would like while in Uganda? You might come up with a few more – a planned out safari – with you making the choices will allow you to do exactly what you want. It certainly would be a private Safari designed by you and for you…we at Kabiza Wilderness Safaris would love to help you in planning your safari and making real your African Dream Safari…
Planning your Safari in Uganda – Rwanda – please contact us with our contact form and be as descriptive as possible.