2020 Gorilla Safaris with Permits & Lodging can be Booked Now
Lock in your Dates – Plan your Gorilla Safari in Uganda – 2020 and secure Permits – Lodging
Plan your Gorilla Safari in Uganda in 2020 now, why? The answer is simple, permits for Gorilla Trekking and the one-of-a-kind Gorilla Habituation were sold out during June, July, August, and December during the past years.
Permit availability changed daily, even hourly frustrating those wanting to on a Gorilla Trekking Safari and obtaining permits, at the same time things became chaotic for Tour Operators such as ourselves.
You write up a safari thinking you had the permit and when you arrived at UWA to make the payment someone else had snapped them up.
Why are people choosing to trek Gorillas in Uganda? Rwanda raised permit prices in May – 2017 to 1,500 USD, Uganda remained at 600 USD for Gorilla Permits. That 900 USD price difference has caused Gorilla Trekkers to choose with their wallets as they head across Rwanda’s border into Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla Park and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest where there are more Gorilla Families, more daily permits plus the exclusive Gorilla Habituation Experience which means more time with the gentle Giants (4-hours) on an all-day trek.
Gorilla Permit Price increases from $600 to $700 July 1, 2020
If your Gorilla Safari is scheduled after July 1, 2020, you will pay the $700 USD Permit Price
Uganda Gorilla Permit Price increases from $600 to $700 effective July 1, 2020. The $100 increase will go to conservation efforts and to community infrastructure projects that benefit the communities surrounding the Gorilla Parks.
As of July 1, 2020, 80% of Permits will be allocated to registered Association of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO). 20% will go to the general public and freelance operators. An e-system will be in place for Tour Operator with online payment options including the use of Mobile Money which is a convenient way for payments in Uganda.
This nominal price increase should not be a hindrance for most gorilla trekkers. The price of a total 3 day Gorilla increased less than 10% for a moderately priced safari.
Plan your Gorilla Safari in Uganda for 2019 in 2018, and you lock in your permits, lodging, and Safari with us. In 2019.
By planning you have more choices in regards to whether to trek Gorillas with a 600 USD Permit or invest 1,500 USD in yourself and go on the Gorilla Habituation Experience where there are only 4-participants and your Trek is not just a few hours, but all-day and you are for four hours with a gorilla family. Most often the Gorilla Habituation Permits are the first to go.
Booking now is the best is the insurance against the dreaded words heard by Trekkers, “there are no more Permits.” Gorilla Trekking is the most expensive Tourism Activity, yet there is no shortage of those wanting this once in a lifetime Encounter.
Below you will find some practical steps that will help you avoid the Permit Rush and even more Gorilla Permit Disappointment.
How to Plan your Gorilla Safari in Uganda -for 2020 and avoid the Permit Rush of the Peak Seasons
- Book your Gorilla Safari for 2020 in 2019 – Minimum of 6 to 8 months ahead Permit Price 600 USD Gorilla Trekking – 1,500 USD Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit.
- Avoid Chaos – Use a Gorilla Tour Operator such as Kabiza Wilderness Safaris that specializes in Gorilla Tours that ha preferred access to Permits as an Association of Uganda Tour Operator.
- Do not just add Gorilla Trekking after you plan your time in Africa. Plan your Time in Africa around the Gorilla Trekking Safari.
- Take advantage of our Fly into Rwanda and Trek Gorillas in nearby Uganda Safaris and if you add on other activities fly out of Entebbe-Uganda and avoid long drive-times.
- Allow enough time to do and see what you want in Uganda and include days for Chimpanzee Trekking or the All-Day Chimpanzee Habituation Experience, Golden Monkeys – a 7-Day Safari is perfect for most.
- Take Advantage of our Gorillas Plus Add-Ons to your Safari
- Make your downpayment for your Safari and your Time with the Gentle Giants is locked into place for 2020.
Why Booking now for 2020 is a smart Idea Gorilla Trekking Safaris in the Pearl of Africa is our Passion. We love the expressions on the faces of our clients when they return to the Trailhead after their encounter with the Gentle Giants of the Forest.
We also know the disappointment of those that we have to write to that there are no more permits in Uganda. What most do not realize is that Gorilla Trekking is unlike any other Tourism Activity in Africa. It requires permits that are only good for the date issued.
That permit availability changes from day to day, sometimes several times even within one day as it has in the early months of 2019.
If you want to encounter the Mountain Gorillas in 2020 – we can make it a hassle-free reality avoiding the Permit Rush – Contact us today.