Each day several people Google “Is Uganda Safe and Secure for American Visitors?”
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? – Some Americans think Uganda is safer than the US
Each day the query “Is Uganda Safe and Secure for American Visitors?” shows up in our Blog analytical statistics. You do not find the query “Is Uganda safe for residents of the UK, Germans, Danes, Belgians, Canadians, Russians, Chinese, Indians?” Yet each day Americans search on Google whether Uganda is safe for Americans?
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Americans will be pleasantly surprised as for how safe Uganda is. Uganda is one of the safest, stable and secure countries in Africa. Tourists and other Visitors to Uganda stay even safer if they follow some Safety, Security Guidelines and tips such as found on our site.
Kampala is one of the safest capitals in Africa and over 99% of visitors come and leave Uganda without an incident. Rarely do you read anything in the local newspapers about a visitor to Uganda having safety and security problems during their stay in Uganda. Things such as petty theft, credit card fraud, overcharging all can be avoided by taking common sense steps as you will find on our Kabiza Wilderness Safaris Site.
Hotels, Lodges, Guest Houses, Backpacker Places, for the most part, use security personnel to make sure your stay with them is undisturbed. Shops, Banks, Stores, Offices, Restaurants, Bars have security personnel stationed both outside and at times inside of them. If you are an American wanting to enter your Embassy you will find it like a Fort Knox, with layers and layers of security and once inside, speaking to an embassy official you will be communicating through a bullet proof window.
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? The Ugandan government fully realizes that it is its sacred duty to ensure the safety of visitors to Uganda and its own citizens. The presence of police is found most everywhere, ranging from traffic police to the Tourism Police all there to make sure that Tourists and Visitors are safe, not harassed and even protect Tourists from unscrupulous Tour Operators.
Since most of our clients are tourists going on safari from around we realize that their well-being, their safety, and security are also part of as to how we plan their stay there. One of the reasons one finds search terms such as “Is Uganda Safe and Secure for American Visitors?” is because of the volume of misinformation and outdated information. On a safari in Uganda, you are safe, it is the safest place to be in Uganda.
Question by an American for Americans who want to come and visit Uganda- Why Do Americans feel that Uganda is not safe?
- Uganda is safer to visit than the USA or for that matter parts of Europe at this time.
- You cannot purchase a concealed weapon here – most of the population has no weapon in their home as in the USA.
- We do not have weekly mass shootings as in the USA.
- We do not have drive-by shootings on a daily basis as in Chicago.
- Gun Permits are only issued to people like businessmen who deposit large sums of money in the bank.
- We have had no terrorist attacks in Uganda since 2010 and that was a security wake-up call which has led to some of toughest security measures in Africa.
- We have armed security outside of every larger supermarket, bank, hospitals, larger hotels, vehicles are searched when you enter into a larger shopping center, so we have no shootings in the WalMart owned Game Store.
- Uganda is home to thousands of people who fled their country, it is the number one refugee receiving country in the world.
- In our Wildlife and Primate Parks you have the Security of the Park Rangers and Army Personnel, plus the Tourism Police.
- There are no present Travel Alerts from the US Embassy in Uganda.
Terrorist Attacks and other deadly acts of violence, protests have increased in the USA, with each week bringing new shocking surprises. Would just one such tragic event take place in Uganda, a security advisory would be immediately slapped on to the Pearl of Africa. In the meantime, no Travel advisories have been imposed by the Ugandan Government or any other East African country in the light of current terrorist attacks that have taken place in Europe and troublesome incidents in the USA.
If you are coming to Uganda on Safari, use a Tour Operator that understands the American mindset, we know the Preferences of American Travelers and our Safaris are designed or created with your concerns for Safety, since they are also our concerns, along with your well-being on Safari. At the end of the day, it comes down to this, “the Safest Place to be is on a Safari in Uganda.” To go along with that, there is only one Thing we do – “create Hakuna Matata – Worry-Free Safaris in the Pearl of Africa.
Uganda is safe for visitors and tourists, Gorilla Trekkers, Safari Goers, Gay Tourists. including Americans. Uganda is home to some of the friendliest people on the African Continent and I as an American feel quite safe in Uganda, probably safer than I would in some places in the USA.
In my opinion – much of the West -sees Uganda through negative tinted glasses perpetuating Myths about travel in Uganda – the Reality it that Uganda is safe, stable and secure even for Family Safaris with young Children – Just do not leave your Common Sense at Home.
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Contact us if you have a question