Each day several people Google “Is Uganda Safe and Secure for American Visitors?”
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? – Some Americans think Uganda is safer than the US
Is Uganda safe for Americans shows up in our Blog analytical statistics several times? You do not find the query “Is Uganda safe for residents of the UK, Germans, Danes, Belgians, Canadians, Russians, Chinese, Indians?” Yet each day Americans search on Google whether Uganda is safe for Americans?
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Americans will be pleasantly surprised as to how safe Uganda is. Uganda is one of the safest, stable and secure countries in Africa. Tourists and other Visitors to Uganda stay even safer if they follow some Safety, Security Guidelines and tips such as found on our site.
Kampala is one of the safest capitals in Africa and over 99% of visitors come and leave Uganda without an incident. Rarely do you read anything in the local newspapers about a visitor to Uganda having safety and security problems during their stay in Uganda? Things such as petty theft, credit card fraud, overcharging all can be avoided by taking common-sense steps as you will find on our Kabiza Wilderness Safaris Site.
Hotels, Lodges, Guest Houses, Backpacker Places, for the most part, use security personnel to make sure your stay with them is undisturbed. Shops, Banks, Stores, Offices, Restaurants, Bars have security personnel stationed both outsides and at times inside of them. If you are an American wanting to enter your Embassy you will find it like a Fort Knox, with layers and layers of security and once inside, speaking to an embassy official you will be communicating through a bulletproof window.
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? The Ugandan government fully realizes that it is its sacred duty to ensure the safety of visitors to Uganda and its own citizens. The presence of police is found almost everywhere, ranging from traffic police to the Tourism Police all there to make sure that Tourists and Visitors are safe, not harassed and even protect Tourists from unscrupulous Tour Operators.
Since most of our clients are tourists going on safari from around we realize that their well-being, their safety, and security are also part of as to how we plan their stay there. One of the reasons one finds search terms such as “Is Uganda Safe and Secure for American Visitors?” is because of the volume of misinformation and outdated information. On a safari in Uganda, you are safe, it is the safest place to be in Uganda.
Much of what you read online. social-social media about Uganda is often wrong, to use a present term often tossed about in the US – Fake News.
Realistically, Uganda is a country with more than its share of Corruption, Con-Artists, and Petty Thieves like many other countries. For some Travelers, Tourists Kampala’s famous Nightlife in the city that never sleeps is an attraction, even CNN has even covered it. We advice special caution and not to go out for a night on the town unless you are with Ugandans.
Why Do Americans feel that Uganda is not safe? When dangerous things that happen in the US and Elsewhere do not happen in Uganda.
- Uganda is safer to visit than the USA or for that matter parts of Europe at this time.
- Americans and anyone else do not know Africa, much less Uganda and think that the myths and prejudiced opinions online or in print are the reality
- You cannot purchase a concealed weapon here – most of the population has no weapon in their home as in the USA.
- We do not have weekly mass shootings like in the USA.
- We have not had a vehicular assault on large groups of people in Uganda.
- Gun Permits are only issued to people like businessmen who deposit large sums of money in the bank.
- We have had no terrorist attacks in Uganda since 2010 and that was a security wake-up call which has led to some of the toughest security measures in Africa.
- We have armed security outside of every larger supermarket, bank, hospitals, larger hotels, vehicles are searched when you enter into a larger shopping center, so we have no shootings in the WalMart owned Game Store.
- Uganda is home to thousands of people who fled their country, it is the number one refugee receiving country in the world.
- In our Wildlife and Primate Parks you have the Security of the Park Rangers and Army Personnel, plus the Tourism Police.
Kanye West, you may or may not like him politically or you just might, he with his wife Kim Kardashian, daughter North, fellow rapper Big Sean just visited Uganda in October of 2018 on a working Safari in Murchison Falls Park. While here, he recorded some tracks for his upcoming album Yandhi along the River Nile, all without incidents.
The Reality – The Safest Place to be in Uganda is on a Safari
Stay Safe – use a Tour Operator such as Kabiza Wilderness Safaris
We at Kabiza Wilderness Safaris know the Preferences of American Travelers and our Safaris are designed or created with your concerns for Safety and Security, since they are also our concerns, along with your well-being on Safari.
The statistical reality is this, “the Safest Place to be is on a Safari in Uganda” and that includes Gorilla Trekking Safaris – we create Hakuna Matata Worryfree Safaris in the heart of Africa
Kabiza Wilderness Safaris, a Ugandan Company is a partnership between a Ugandan and an American, we know and understand the American mindset, concerns and even fears in some cases.
If you have specific Questions regarding Safety and Security on Safari in Uganda contact us and ask.
Is Uganda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Find out more on our Know Before You Go to Uganda Page