Each day several people Google “Is Rwanda Safe for Americans?”
Is Rwanda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Safer than the US – Rwanda ranks 9th Safest Country in the World
Is Rwanda safe for Americans -and anyone else -Rwanda is one of Africa’s most stable – safe – secure and friendliest countries, in 2017 it was named the 9th Safest Country in the World.
Each day the query “Is Rwanda Safe for Americans?” shows up in our Blog analytical statistics. You do not find the query “Is Rwanda safe for Brits, Germans, Danes, Belgians, Canadians, Russians, Chinese, Indians?” Yet each day Americans query whether Rwanda is safe for Americans?
Rwanda is one of the safest and most secure countries in Africa, especially for visitors to Rwanda and even more so if certain Safety and Security guidelines and tips are followed during your visit to the Land of a Thousand Hills. Kialiis one of the safest capitals in Africa and over 99% of visitors come and leave Rwanda without an incident. Rarely do you read anything in the local newspapers about a visitor to Rwanda having safety and security problems during their stay in Rwanda. Things such as petty theft, credit card fraud, overcharging all can be avoided by common sense steps and read some of the Safety and Security Advice and Tips found on our site.
Hotels, Guest Houses, Backpacker Places, for the most part, use security personnel to make sure your stay with them is undisturbed. Shops, Banks, Stores, Offices, Restaurants, Bars have security personnel stationed both outside and at times inside of them. If you are an American wanting to enter your Embassy you will find it like a fortress, with layers and layers of security and once inside be speaking to an embassy official you will do so through a bullet proof window in most cases.
The Rwandan government fully realizes that it is its sacred duty to ensure the safety of visitors to Rwanda and its own citizens. The presence of police is found most everywhere, ranging from traffic police to tourism police all there to make sure that Tourists and Visitors are safe.
Since most of our clients are tourists going on safari from around we realize that there well-being, their safety and security are also part of as to how we plan their stay, their safari in Rwanda. One of the reasons one finds search terms such as “is Rwanda safe for Americans?” is because of the volume of misinformation and outdated information about safety and security in Rwanda for visitors.
Is Rwanda safe for Americans -and anyone else? Rwanda is safe for visitors and tourists including Americans. Rwanda is home to some of the friendliest people on the African Continent and I as an American feel quite safe in Rwanda probably safer than I would in some places in the USA.
Question by an American for Americans who want to come and visit Rwanda- Why Do Americans feel that Rwanda is not safe? Take a look at the reality.
- You cannot purchase a concealed weapon here – most of the population has no weapon in their home as in the USA
- There are no weekly mass shootings as in the USA.
- There are no continuous acts of violence such as killings by a vehicle as sadly happened in NYC just recently.
- There are no massacres at Public Concerts, no killings of Church-Goers.
- There is no organization that promotes weapon use.
- Gun Permits are rarely issued.
- You have armed security outside of every larger supermarket, bank, hospitals, larger hotels, vehicles are searched when you enter into a larger shopping center.
- In Rwanda he Minority Muslim Population and Christians live in relative Harmony here. Islam in the past has been declared a religion favorable to Rwanda since most Muslims did not partake in the Genocide of 1994.
- There have been no Terrorist Attacks in Rwanda as in the USA and in parts of Europe.
- There is no US Embassy Travel Alert for Rwanda presently.
Is Rwanda safe for Americans -and anyone else? The answer is a resounding yes, I feel a lot safer in either Rwanda or Uganda than I would in many areas of the USA. In 2017 Rwanda was declared the 9th safest country in the World by the World Economic Forum. Rwanda was placed ahead of Qatar, Luxembourg, Portugal, New Zealand, Austria, Estonia, Sweden, Slovenia, Spain, Netherlands, and Morocco. The USA did not make the top 20 on the list.
Enjoy Safe and Secure Rwanda – the Land of a Thousand Hills and a Million Smiles – no wonder it is called Remarkable Rwanda.