4 Hours with a Gorilla Family on an All-Day Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest
One of a kind Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest Adventure a one of a kind Primate Adventure.
The Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience is now a permanent Activity Offering by Uganda Wildlife Authority. It had been a pilot program and passed the testing criteria. a
The Activity is a small scale one with a maximum of 4 visitors being allowed on a day with a group, compared to the 8 Visitors on a normal Trek. One thing is certain, the Habituation Experience is a one of a kind, exclusive Activity in which only a select few can participate.
One thing is certain, the Habituation Experience is a one of a kind, exclusive Activity in which only a select few can participate in. It is a learning experience, you learn from the researchers, trackers, rangers, conservationist, who are all part of the Habituation Process.
The Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience in the Rushaga Area of Bwindi Forest is a Pilot Program that is closely monitored by Uganda Wildlife Authority. It has been a phenomenal success judging by our clients’ responses.
This incredible Experience with the Mountain Gorillas must be booked well in Advance since there is only a total of 4 visitors per group allowed. This is unlike a normal Gorilla Trek where you have 8 participants and are only one hour with a gorilla family.
Book the Gorilla Habituation Experience with us at least 6 months ahead of time especially if you plan to come during July through October and December through March of the year.
The Gorilla Habituation Experience in Rushaga was featured in “the National Newspaper” in Dubai – United Arab Emirates recently and we were the Tour Operator of Choice for Gorilla Habituation Safaris.
The Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest in Uganda can presently be booked in Uganda for 2017 & 2018. We suggest that you book the experience at least 6 months in advance to assure your spot on this one of a kind exclusive experience.
( We have gotten permits just a few days away, but because of the normal scarcity we suggest booking 6 months in advance.)
The Gorilla Habituation Experience can only be done in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the Rushaga Area and is not available in Rwanda, or the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We can drive you here from Kampala, fly in from Entebbe – Uganda with Aerolink Airlines to Kisoro, or Fly into Kigali, Rwanda and take the short 3-hour plus drive with us to Rushaga for the Habituation Experience Trek.
If you are planning a longer safari in Uganda and were planning to trek Gorillas, we can change any Gorilla Trekking Safari into a Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari.
Where does the Gorilla Habituation Experience Take Place in Uganda?
- In 2017-2018 – The Gorilla Habituation Experience takes place only in the Rushaga area of southern Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Uganda.
- You cannot do the Gorilla Habituation Experience in any other part of the park but the Rushaga area and that in Uganda.
- You are for four hours with the Mountain Gorillas instead of one. Your day starts at 7:30 AM at the Gorilla Habituation Trailhead and you return in the late Afternoon. Your day begins with a briefing from the Uganda Wildlife Authority Staff and the Research – Habituation Team.
- There are two Groups being habituated in 2017 and they are the Bikingi (Bikyingi) and Bushaho Groups.
- The Habituation Experience is limited to 4 participants per group compared with 8 for normal Gorilla Trekking.
- 4 hours with a Gorilla Family being habituated instead of 1 hour. Add to the 4-hour the Trek in and out and you have a full day.
- The same Requirement, the Rules and Etiquette for Gorilla Trekking apply to the Gorilla Habituation Experience.
- In regards as to what to wear on a Gorilla Habituation Experience – once again the same clothing as for Gorilla Trekking.
- Price for the Gorilla Habituation Permit is 1500 USD per person for four hours with the Mountain Gorillas compared to 600 USD for a Trek Permit allowing you 1 hour with a Family.
How do I book a Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit?
- Minimum Age of 15 applies as it does for normal Trekking in Uganda.
- We will book your Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest at 1,500 USD. We will let you know within one working day as to the availability of the Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit.
- Bookings for the Gorilla Habituation Permits must be done well in advance due to the limited number of participants allowed each day and the interest in the activity by Visitors to Uganda.
- Passport information is required for the permit as it is for Trekking.
- The Permit Cost of 1500 USD includes the Park Entrance Fee for the day
A Gorilla Habituation Experience Trek is different from a normal Gorilla Trek in that it involves some extra planning, more time, a bit more stamina to trek within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
We have put together the information you need to know about a Gorilla Habituation Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. Along with helpful tips and advice based on our experience and comments from our clients who have gone on a Gorilla Habituation Experience.
The Habituation Experience in Rushaga area is still unknown to most and our Informational Page removes the misconceptions you might have about the Experience. If your questions are not answered – please contact us and we will be glad to be of help.
It is only in Uganda where you can go on a Mountain Gorilla Habituation Safari and that presently with is with two gorilla groups being habituated in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda.
The good news is that you can easily access Rushaga not only from points in Uganda but you can do so taking a short drive from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Rushaga Area.
Gorilla Habituation Experience Safaris can be any safari that now includes Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. We can adjust the safari to include the Gorilla Habituation Experience – depending on permit availability which is quite limited compared to normal Trekking.
Our experience as a Safari Tour Operator with Gorilla Habituation Experiences:
The Gorilla Habituation Experience has been a great new addition from Uganda Wildlife Authority. From the beginning of the experience being offered by UWA, and we began to follow suit making clients aware of it.
Our Clients, who have participated in the Gorilla Habituated have loved it. Those who participate have mostly been picked up in Kigali, while fly in Treks from Entebbe have been a close second.
The majority of clients have added this experience to their safaris and it has enhanced their time on safari in the Pearl of Africa and we would love to help you. to incorporate the experience into your Safari.
Kabiza Wilderness Safaris has become a leading Gorilla Habituation Experience Tour Operator offering our clients this one of a kind rare experiences not offered anywhere else. Being with a Gorilla Family for four hours on an all-day trek cannot be done in Rwanda but only in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. This experiential adventure in the Rushaga is simply the best.
Be sure to read up on our Gorilla Photography Tips.
If you like us to include the Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest in your safari with us – please let us know.