The Bakiga Lodge in Ruhija – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest -Moderate Lodging
Bakiga Lodge Providing affordable Lodging for you while assisting the local Community
Bakiga Lodge in Ruhija – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – an intimate Tented Camp Lodge that provides affordable lodging for its guest, quality food, and good service. At the same time, a portion of the lodging cost goes to support the local community providing clean water for communities far and wide.
Bakiga Lodge in Ruhija – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a small intimate on the edge of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the Ruhija area. Ruhija is where two gorilla group families can easily be accessed for Gorilla Tracking. Tourists with a permit for the Bitukura or Oruzogo gorilla group should spend the night at Ruhija instead of taking a long drive from Buhoma and the Bakiga Lodge provides two nice large and very comfortable tents – bathroom is a part of the tent accessed from the rear. The Tents are protected by what we call in Uganda an iron sheet roof that will certainly keep the rains out and give protection from the elements.
There is a restaurant at the Main-Lodge with a fireplace to relax and dine by and which takes the chill out of the cool Bwindi Impenetrable Forest evenings. Food is prepared and served in appetizing and the portions will certainly warm and fill you, Coffee and Tea is available all day and you can buy local sodas, beer, imported wine from South Africa.
Besides all the comforts for a person visiting Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, there is an added plus at Bakiga Lodge – it is a non-profit organization and any profits made during your stay at Bakiga Lodge go to fund the Bakiga Community Project which provides quality clean water for various communities in Kabale area including Ruhija impacting the lives of thousands of Ugandans in a positive Manner. By staying at Bakiga Lodge you are not only paying an affordable you are giving back to the local community and making a difference by assisting with your stay at Bakiga in providing clean water to the local communities.
The Ruhija area of Bwindi Impenetrable offers some great variety of Activities.
- A guided walk to the Mubwindi swamp – This is inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and if taken requires Park Entrance and Guide Fees-this is a great birding walk and can take a good half day or longer.
- More various Birding Walks with Guides
- Nature walk with spectacular views of the rugged landscape surrounding Ruhija, you can often see as far as Lake Edward and beyond. The walks include waterfalls, swamps on the edge of the forest, and an old mine.
- Village Walks visiting the local blacksmith, local healer, basket weavers, honey collectors, basket weaving and more.
- You can enjoy local dance performances by local children.
- Simply enjoy the views from your tent deck and take in the beauty of the area while you have a cold drink after a long Gorilla Trek.
- Bakiga Community Project also offers the possibility of working on community water projects across Kabale district and one can be sure that you can take a look at what the Community Project has done for the Ruhija Community.
Bakiga Lodge in Ruhija – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest provides quality affordable lodging, food in just the right scenic setting and is a part of Kabiza Safaris Recommended Lodging List. Enjoy your time at Ruhija at the Bakiga Tented Lodge…
If you like to use this lodge during your safari with us – please let us know.