Moderately Priced 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari – Buhoma
Private Value Priced Gorilla Trekking Safari in the Buhoma Area of Northern Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
This 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari is a Value+, Moderately Priced Gorilla Tracking Safari. It takes you to the Northern Areas of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
It Begins in Entebbe or Kampala. The Day of Arrival Lodging Arrangements can be made, including airport pickup.
Fulfill your once in a Lifetime Dream, Tracking the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda. Instead of Gorilla Trekking, which is one hour with the Gorillas, you can choose the 3-day Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari. The Gorilla Habituation Experience is an all-day trek, and you are for 4 hours with a gorilla family. Permits for the Gorilla Habituation Experience are1500 USD and the activity takes place in the Rushaga area of South Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Please Note: Due to the increase in the number of Trekkers Gorilla Permits are limited in number during the Peak Season Months of June through October and December through March.
Highlights of your Private 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Value+ Full Service Safari
- Quality Mid-Range Lodging -the Haven Lodge offers a better quality menu.
- Full-Board including Meals on Road
- Private Safari – You and your experienced Driver
- Super Custom Safari Van with pop-up roof
- Gorilla Permits are handled by us and are included in the Price of Safari
- Bottled water is included in the vehicle and for the Gorilla Trek.
Gorilla Trekking Safety and Security in Uganda: Uganda is the only Mountain Gorilla Destination that has been a Guerrilla-Free zone. Uganda is home to Gorillas but not Guerillas.
All Gorilla Treks have an armed escort. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is patrolled for poachers and for anyone that is not authorized to be in the Forest. Safe Gorilla Trekking is not the norm and not the exception:
Day 1-Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest:
This is the Start of your once in a lifetime, Gorilla Trekking Safari. We Depart Kampala at an early hour for Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, beginning your 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari. There is bottled water in the vehicle.
The journey Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is quite scenic, especially as you get closer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The area there is often called the Switzerland of Africa with its terraced Mountains and Hillsides.
Lunch is taken on the road to Bwindi Forest in Mbarara. The arrival time in the Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is in the late afternoon.
Check into the Haven Lodge in Buhoma:
The Haven Lodge is a small community-owned and managed mid-range Lodge with private cottages, including one family cottage overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It is one of the best mid-range lodges in the Buhoma Area of the Park. In our opinion, to get the most value for your money when it comes to a midrange Lodge.
The Lodge is owned and managed by the Buhoma Community Organization and is just outside of the Village of Buhoma.
If you are planning to come during Uganda’s peak seasons – June to October and December through March – book with us early.
Meal Plan: Lunch – Dinner
Lodge: Haven Lodge – Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 2 – Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Buhoma Area:
Have an early breakfast and be at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park Headquarters for the Mountain Gorilla Tracking (Trekking) orientation and meeting with guides and separation into groups depending on which group you will be tracking.
Things needed for your Gorilla Trek where you will find a downloadable The Gorilla Wear and Gear needed for your Gorilla Trek Today:
You will need a Daypack. A packed lunch from Haven Lodge, which is included. We provide you with two-liters of bottled water.
Well-worn in Hiking Boots, long trousers, long-sleeved shirt (provide protection). Spray yourself with non-perfumed insect repellent. That protects you from flies and other critters. You will need a sturdy pair of gardening gloves.
The gloves are for protection against thorns, nettles.
A wide-brimmed hat is preferred. Sunglasses are useful after the morning mist burns off. Lastly, Sun protection lotion should be applied to your face.
Your Driver will help you engage the useful services of a porter. A porter allows you to focus on the Trek ahead and the gorillas.
The Gorilla Trek
The Trek begins with an orientation. This is where you are assigned your Gorilla Family that you will be trekking. The Uganda Wildlife Ranger appoints the group. The decision is made based on your age, level of fitness, and the preferences that you give.
If you have a cold, cough, flu, or other infectious ailments, you will not be allowed to trek the gorillas.
The Trek in the Buhoma area is at a lower elevation, and there are no problems with the altitude here. The Trek is three to five hours long. Pre-Trackers are out in the forest locating the gorilla family you will be visiting.
The actual encounter with a Gorilla Family is truly a once in a lifetime experience for most. Mountain Gorillas can only be seen in the Wild. They do not survive captivity.
After the Gorilla Trek Options:
- Relax at the Lodge
- Take the Buhoma Village Walk
- Do the Batwa Experience with the First People of the Forest
- Bike around or into Bwindi Forest
Meal Plan: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
Lodge: Haven Lodge – Buhoma
Day -3- Return Drive to Entebbe:
After Breakfast, the return drive to Entebbe begins. This is a nine-hour drive. The trip is broken by taking lunch half-way to Entebbe or Kampala.
There is a Must-See & Do Stop at the Equator. There you can take the traditional at the Equator Picture. Here you can have lunch, a snack, a drink and buy souvenirs.
Arrive in Entebbe in the late afternoon. There we can arrange a hotel for you. Many find a day-room to be just right to freshen up for the flight out. This also allows you to have a leisurely dinner before boarding.
Your Safari ends in Entebbe and we are thankful that you chose Kabiza Wilderness Safaris for your time in the Pearl of Africa-Uganda.
Meal Plan: Breakfast Lunch
Is this Safari right for me?
- You have a 99% chance of seeing the Gorillas
- You are staying at a quality, better midrange Lodge with all the Comforts
- Best Price for a midrange Gorilla Safari
- This is a private Safari-no other people in your vehicle but your driver.
- 9-Hours Drive Time to and from Entebbe is the one con to this Safari.
The Choice is yours to make. We will assist you with alternatives or variations to this Safari.
Things to Consider – Alternatives to Long Drive-Time:
- Fly into Rwanda and Trek Gorillas in Uganda. 3-Hours Drive Time to Mgahinga Gorilla Park. 4-Hours Drive Time to South Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest fromLuxury Fly-In Gorilla Trekking Safaris from Entebbe to Bwindi – Mgahinga Entebbe International Airport. This adds about $500 to your Safari Cost for a flight with Aerolink Safari Airlines.
- Shorten Drive-Times by adding two to five days to the Safari and drive-times will be drastically reduced.
If you are interested in this 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda – Please Contact us.
- Choosing the right Tour Operator for your Safari in Uganda - May 6, 2021
- How to save Money on your Safari in Uganda - May 6, 2021
- The Art of Communicating in Uganda for Visitors and Tourists - May 4, 2021