Moderately Priced 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari – Buhoma
Private Value+ Priced Midrange Gorilla Trekking Safari in the Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
This 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari is a Value+, Moderately Priced Gorilla TracWalk over to the Buhoma Park Headquarters for the Gorilla Trek which begins with an orientation. Pick up your packed lunch from the
Lodge. We supply you with 2-liters of water and a walking stick for support. We also arrange for a porter to assist you on the trek.king Safari. It takes you to the Northern Areas of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
It Begins in Entebbe or Kampala. The Day of Arrival Lodging Arrangements can be made, including airport pickup.
Fulfill your once in a Lifetime Dream, Tracking the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda. Instead of Gorilla Trekking, which is one hour with the Gorillas, you can choose the 3-day Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari. The Gorilla Habituation Experience is an all-day trek, and you are for 4 hours with a gorilla family. Permits for the Gorilla Habituation Experience are1500 USD and the activity takes place in the Rushaga area of South Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Please Note: Due to the increase in the number of Trekkers Gorilla Permits are limited in number during the Peak Season Months of June through October and December through March.
Highlights of your Private 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Value+ Midrange Full-Service Safari
- Quality Mid-Range Lodging -the Haven Lodge offers better-quality rooms, service, and meals.
- Full-Board including Meals on Road
- Private Safari – You and your experienced Driver
- Super Custom Safari Van with pop-up roof
- Gorilla Permits are handled by us and are included in the Price of Safari
- Bottled water is included in the vehicle and for the Gorilla Trek.
- Porter Services and Walking Sticks: are in included.
Gorilla Trekking Safety and Security in Uganda: Uganda is the only Mountain Gorilla Destination that has been a Guerrilla-Free zone. Uganda is home to Gorillas but not Guerillas.
All Gorilla Treks have an armed escort. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is patrolled for poachers and for anyone that is not authorized to be in the Forest. Safe Gorilla Trekking is not the norm and not the exception:
Day 1-Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest:
This is the Start of your once-in-a-lifetime, Gorilla Trekking Safari. We Depart Kampala at an early hour for Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, beginning your 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari. There is bottled water in the vehicle.
The journey to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is quite scenic, especially as you get closer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The area there is often called the Switzerland of Africa with its terraced Mountains and Hillsides.
Lunch is taken on the road to Bwindi Forest in Mbarara. The arrival time in the Buhoma Area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is in the late afternoon.
Option: You can make this a fly-in Safari from Entebbe and avoid the long drive, giving you more time in the park. Each year, more are choosing the fly-in option even though it costs more.
Check into the Haven Lodge in Buhoma:
The Haven Lodge is a small community-owned and managed mid-range Lodge with private cottages, including one family cottage overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It is one of the best mid-range lodges in the Buhoma Area of the Park. In our opinion, to get the most value for your money when it comes to a midrange Lodge.
The Lodge is owned and managed by the Buhoma Community Organization and is just outside of the Village of Buhoma.
If you are planning to come during Uganda’s peak seasons – June to October and December through March – book with us early.
Meal Plan: Lunch – Dinner
Lodge: Haven Lodge – Buhoma area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 2 – Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Buhoma Area:
What Should I wear tracking Gorillas?
Here is practical advice about what to wear while Gorilla Trekking in Uganda. Often Trekkers are not dressed right for the occasion, which can spoil your day, and your focus might not be the Gorillas but personal discomfort and misery. Wearing the suitable clothing and footwear is about protection
Gorilla Wear and Gear you will need:
- Daypack: Preferably a waterproof daypack, you can use it as a carry-on flying to Uganda. Pack all essentials inside of the daypack.
- Hiking Boots: Make sure that they have good treads on them. You will need ankle support, something boots give you and give you reactions on muddy trails. Have a good pair of merino wool socks.
- Long Trouser: They will protect you from nettles and thorns. Tuck the trousers into your socks for added protection from ants.
- Long-Sleeved Shirt: Neutral in color. Again, this is for your comfort and protection.
- Rain Jacket or Poncho: Pack into your daypack. You never know when it will train. You are in an Afro-montane Rainforest.
- Tough Gardening Gloves: This is to protect your hands from thorns, nettles, and sharp branches.
- Wide Brimmed Hat: It gives you protection from the Sun.
- Camera Equipment – Binoculars: Ensure extra batteries and storage devices. Put them into Ziploc bags. Binoculars are not needed if you are not a birder.
- Packed Lunch and Bottled Water: You will need your packed lunch from the Lodge and two liters of bottled water.
- Insect Repellent – Sun Lotion – Sunglasses: We recommend the effective Australian RID Insect Repellent. Good Sun blocker cream and sunglasses.
- You will need a Porter and Walking Stick: The services of a porter free you on the often-difficult trail, and a local walking stick helps you and steadies you on the often-challenging path. We supply our clients with both.
Read more about Gorilla Gear and Wear here.
Early Breakfast and take your packed lunch from the Lodge. For Gorilla Trekking Gear. Having the right gear and wearing the right clothes and boots make a difference in the quality of a Trek that you will have.
The Gorilla Trekking Orientation:
Here you receive instructions about the Gorilla Trek. You are assigned your Gorilla Family based on your input, and your age and fitness level are also taken into account.
You often track the Gorilla Groups you like, and we will help you with the Park Staff. Trekking times vary between three and six hours depending on the gorilla group you will be trekking on your day. We strongly suggest you read the Rules and Guidelines before going on a Trek.
If you have physical limitations, you can still visit a gorilla family. Let us know, and we will make the necessary arrangements, such as a sedan chair carried by a team of porters.
The Gorilla Trek
The Trek begins with an orientation. This is where you are assigned your Gorilla Family that you will be trekking. The Uganda Wildlife Ranger appoints the group. The decision is made based on your age, level of fitness, and the preferences that you give.
If you have a cold, cough, flu, or other infectious ailments, you will not be allowed to trek the gorillas.
The Trek in the Buhoma area is at a lower elevation, and there are no problems with the altitude here. The Trek is three to five hours long. Pre-Trackers are out in the forest locating the gorilla family you will be visiting.
The actual encounter with a Gorilla Family is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most. Mountain Gorillas can only be seen in the Wild. They do not survive captivity.
After the Gorilla Trek Options:
- Relax at the Lodge
- Take the Buhoma Village Walk
- Do the Batwa Experience with the First People of the Forest
- Bike around or into Bwindi Forest
Meal Plan: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
Lodge: Haven Lodge – Buhoma
Day -3- Return Drive to Entebbe:
After Breakfast, the return drive to Entebbe begins. This is a nine-hour drive. The trip is broken by taking lunch halfway to Entebbe or Kampala.
There is a Must-See & Do Stop at the Equator. There you can take the traditional at the Equator Picture. Here you can have lunch, a snack, a drink and buy souvenirs.
Arrive in Entebbe in the late afternoon. There we can arrange a hotel for you. Many find a dayroom to be just right to freshen up for the flight out. This also allows you to have a leisurely dinner before boarding.
Your Safari ends in Entebbe, and we are thankful that you chose Kabiza Wilderness Safaris for your time in the Pearl of Africa-Uganda.
Option: Fly back with AeroLink to Entebbe instead of driving.
Meal Plan: Breakfast Lunch
Is this Safari right for me?
- You have a 99% chance of seeing the Gorillas
- You are staying at a quality, better midrange Lodge with all the Comforts
- Best Price for a midrange Gorilla Safari
- This is a private Safari-no other people in your vehicle but your driver.
- 9-Hours Drive Time to and from Entebbe is the one con to this Safari. You do have the option to make this a Fly-In Gorilla Trekking Safari.
The Choice is yours to make. We will assist you with alternatives or variations to this Safari.
If you are interested in this 3-Day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda – Please use the Contact below.