Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Uganda and Rwanda -what it means to you
Uganda arrivals must be inoculated against Yellow Fever – Rwanda Arrivals if the come from a country where Yellow Fever is endemic.
Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Uganda -what it means to you coming to Uganda: Uganda had a Yellow Fever Outbreak in some isolated villages near Masaka Uganda, away from Tourist routes, attractions. This however has meant changes for Visitors coming to Uganda. Presently all incoming visitors need to prove with an immunization certificate that they have been immunized.
This is different from Rwanda which is covered below. Uganda – requires a Yellow Fever inoculation of all visitors, Rwanda requires it from those who have been to a country where Yellow Fever is endemic.
Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Uganda in 2016:
Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Uganda in 2016. All Visitors to Uganda are now required to have a valid Yellow Fever Immunization Card from the world health organization – which is means you must be immunized and that you should do 10 to 30 days prior to your Ugandan Arrival. It will also help you enter other East African countries. A yellow fever immunization is good for a lifetime.
Should you not have one – you will be required to have a Yellow Fever shot at the airport or other point of entrance. Please note that it takes a 10 day period for the immunization to take effect.
Yellow fever is transmitted through mosquitoes, outbreaks in Uganda have been rare. The last outbreak was quickly contained, villages sealed off and it never spread beyond the villages.
Extra Steps you can take to prevent Mosquitoes from biting you and note not all mosquitoes are carriers in Uganda or Rwanda.
- Wear long trousers – long-sleeved shirt for added protection – avoid blue shirt for added protection from Tsetse Flies – who are pesky but do not carry sleeping sickness in Uganda.
- Avoid wearing bright colors.
- Sugar intake helps in attracting mosquitoes.
- Use an insect repellent to spray yourself and clothing. Use one that really works.
- Use Doom Insect Killer in your room or Tented Cottage. 4usd for a large spray can.
- Sleep under the mosquito net provided.
Uganda – with a Yellow Fever Vaccination remains safe and sane for Tourists and Visitor…we apologize for the inconvenience…Enjoy the Pearl of Africa…
Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Rwanda in 2016:
Angola is presently the African country where Yellow Fever is active and being transmitted. Rwanda has a different set of requirements than Uganda regarding Yellow Fever Inoculation.
- You do not need a Yellow Fever Vaccination if you are coming from a Yellow Fever non-endemic country and not continuing to Uganda for example. If continuing to Uganda you will need to show proof of your Yellow Fever Vaccination at the Ugandan border.
- If you are traveling to Rwanda and coming through a yellow fever endemic country you will need to show proof of yellow fever vaccination. This includes Uganda and Kenya but reaches as far as South American Countries.
Reality for Travelers and Safari Goers:
A Yellow Fever Inoculation is good for a lifetime. You are protected. Both Uganda and Rwanda want to ensure the well-being of visitors. Uganda is a leader in containing transmittable diseased in Africa. This was shown again as how quickly that they moved in the last Yellow Fever outbreak. The situation was under control within weeks.
99 plus percent of visitors to either company return home without any health problems, especially those that stay in better lodges and hotels.
Yellow Fever Immunization Requirement for Travelers to Uganda – Rwanda -what it means to you as a Visitors or Tourist to Uganda – Rwanda- if you have any questions please contact us.