The Parks and Places that make Uganda the Pearl of Africa
The Parks and Places to see and not to miss in Uganda
Uganda, the Pearl of Africa is one of Africa’s most beautiful places – the small country of Uganda is like all of Africa compressed into one country – you can find almost every thing here – Sandy Beaches on Hidden Tropical Islands, Pristine Lakes with scenery that will take your breath away, the Historic River Nile, a Mountain Range taller than the Alps, the Rwenzori Mountains of the Moon which is the tallest Mountain Range in Africa, Lake Victoria large enough to be an unending sea, Forests that are like jungles filled with Primates, Birds, Butterflies, endless Savannahs filled with an abundance of wildlife, Volcanoes to climb with views to live for.
Uganda is the Pearl of Africa with places and parks that await you to explore while on a safari in what many consider one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in Africa and the beauty is that you can visit this without the crowds even during the peak seasons of the year.
This year come and visit Africa and Discover Uganda and its Parks and Places…you will enjoy the Pearl of Africa….from Kampala….jon
- Map of Uganda Parks: The Parks and locations in Uganda on a map that gives you an idea as to their location.
- Entebbe Botanical Gardens:Entebbe Botanical Gardens – the perfect place to spend some quiet time in Nature – surrounded by beautiful Trees, plants, flowers, Lake Victoria, Monkeys and Birds – in fact it is a Birder’s Paradise.
- Mabamba Wetlands Swamp the Best Place for Shoebill Storks:Mabamba Wetlands Sanctuary Swamp – a short distance from Kampala – the perfect place for birders in search of Africa’s most sought after Bird – the Shoebill Stork.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary:Track White Rhinos up close with guides, a most unusual experience – stay overnight at the exclusive Amuka Lodge and take a nature walk, canoe ride, birding, or simply be and relax.
- Ishasha-Best Place to see Tree Climbing Lions:Ishasha – the unvisited portion of Queen Elizabeth where you can see the tree climbing lions sleep the day away – the best place in Africa for Tree Climbing Lions
- Ssese Islands – Uganda’s Hidden Islands: The Ssese Islands have made the best Hidden Islands list, Tropical Pearls dotting the vast sea of Lake Victoria, its sandy beaches providing relaxation, fishing, nature walk, village visits, excursions by boat on the lake
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest- World Heritage Site:Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in Southwest Uganda, home to over half of the Mountain Gorillas in the world, best spot for Birding in Africa. Bwindi is much more than Mountain Gorillas for you topartake in. Don’t miss Nkuringo at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Stunning Beautiful Nkuringo in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Mgahinga Gorilla Park a“ small Park – many activities”: Mgahinga National Park is one of the most scenic parks in Uganda, small but there are many and varied activities for you to partake in while on Safari in Uganda.
- Murchison Falls National Park Uganda’s Best all around Park:Murchison Falls National Park is the best all around park in Uganda with the most powerful waterfall in the world and the historic River Nile Running through it.
- Mount Elgon and Sipi Falls – Adventures in Uganda:Mount Elgon and Sipi Falls – part of the Eastern Wonders of Uganda – Adventure, Nature Walks, Hikes, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Trout Fishing and much more to do and see here.
- Kidepo Valley Park – remote- unvisited:Kidepo Valley National Park is a fabulous park in Northeastern Uganda – when on a game drive you have the feeling that you are all alone here and alone you are in the most remote park in Uganda.
- Best Places to relax and chill out in Uganda: Uganda, this wondrous country has some great planet to relax and chill out at the end of a safari places that will be the finishing touch to your safari in the Pearl of Africa – Uganda.
- Lonely Planet’s Top Picks of Park-Places to visit in Uganda:Lonely Planet picked Uganda as Best Country to Visit in 2012 – here are is Lonely Planet’s Top Picks of Parks and Places to visit in Uganda.
- Things not to miss in Uganda: There is much and to do and see and not to miss in Uganda – here are some.
“If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.” John Hemingway, African Journeys