One Day Chimpanzee Tracking at Budongo Forest
Chimpanzees in the wild day trip from Kampala
Minimum of Four Participants
A one day Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in the wild of Budongo Forest is an affordable possibility. Budongo Forest is a short 3 1/2 hours from Kampala. This Ironwood and Mahogany Forest is a most beautiful destination in itself, add Chimpanzee Tracking, a Forest Walk or Birding Walk, Lunch with 2 sodas or one beer and still be back in Kampala by evening.
You can have other chimpanzee experiences such as Ngamba Island or even Entebbe Zoo, both are great experiences, but there is nothing like the tracking the chimpanzees in the wild. To see them in their natural habitat, you being just a few meters from them to see them foraging in the wild, building nests, tending their young, not in zoo, but in an African rainforest in Uganda, that experiences cannot be replicated anywhere.
Invest a day of your time in a one day chimpanzee Safari to Budongo Forest – if you can add a few of your friends or your family to your group – the safari becomes most affordable.
Here is what is involved in a typical one day chimpanzee Safari to Budongo Forest.
- Depart Kampala – your lodging at 6:30 am
- Arrive at Budongo Forest at 10 am
- Guided Nature or Birding Walk with Guide
- Lunch with two sodas or one beer at Eco-Lodge – bottled water in vehicle during drive times.
- Afternoon Chimpanzee Tracking with a small group of Participants and Guides 2 – 4 hours
- Return to Kampala
- Arrive in Kampala during early evening hours
For best price it is best to have four to six participants in this day trip. This is a private one day trip safari – we do not do scheduled groups safaris. It allows you to track chimpanzees in their natural setting in the ancient Mahogany Forest of Budongo…from Kampala…
“If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.” John Hemingway, African Journeys
Latest posts by Jon Blanc (see all)
- Fishing in Uganda – Information – Tips – Advice - August 16, 2015
- HeritageSafari Lodge on the Nile – Murchison Falls Park - July 19, 2015
- Murchison Falls National Park – Information – Advice – Tips - July 18, 2015