4 Hours with a Gorilla Family on an All-Day Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest
Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest Adventures
The Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience in the Rushaga Area of Bwindi Forest is spending all day on a Trek in Forest which includes 4 hours with a Gorilla Family being habituated. This 4 hours of being with a Gorilla Family is only available in Uganda and only in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
This incredible Experience with the Mountain Gorillas must be booked in Advance since there are only a total of 8 visitors allowed, 4 per group, this is unlike a normal Gorilla Trek where you have 8 participants on a Gorilla Trek.
This is an intimate, one of a kind, all day trekking experience where you are with researchers, trackers, rangers, conservationist, all part of getting a Gorilla Family used to human presence, a process which takes about 2 years.
The Gorilla Habituation Experience in Rushaga was featured in “the National Newspaper” in Dubai – United Arab Emirates recently and we were the Tour Operator of Choice for Gorilla Habituation Safaris.
The Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest can presently be booked in Uganda for 2017. If Gorilla Trekking is a once in a lifetime experience,then the Gorilla Habituation Experience is beyond that – imagine a 4-hour encounter with the Gentle Giants in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
The Gorilla Habituation Experience can only be done in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the Rushaga Area and is not available in Rwanda, or the Democratic Republic of Congo.
You can drive here from Kampala, fly in from Entebbe – Uganda with Aerolink Airlines to Kisoro, or Fly into Kigali, Rwanda and take the short 3-hour drive to Rushaga for the Habituation Experience Trek.
Include in your safari in 2017 with us.
Where does the Gorilla Habituation Experience Take Place in Uganda?
- In 2017 -The Gorilla Habituation Experience takes place only in the Rushaga area of southern Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Uganda.
- You cannot do the Gorilla Habituation Experience in any other part of the park but the Rushaga area in 2017.
- You are for four hours with the Mountain Gorillas instead of one. Your day starts at 7:30 AM at the Rushaga Park Trailhead and you return in the late Afternoon. Your day begins with a briefing from the Uganda Wildlife Authority Staff and the Research – Habituation Team.
- There are two Groups being habituated in 2016 and they are the Biking and Bushaho Gorilla Families.
- The number of Visitors allowed per day is limited to 4 participants per group compared with 8 for normal Gorilla Trekking.
- 4 hours with a Gorilla Family being habituated instead of 1 hour. Add to the 4-hour the Trek in and out and you have a full day.
- The same Requirement, the Rules and Etiquette for Gorilla Trekking apply to the Gorilla Habituation Experience.
- In regards as to what to wear on a Gorilla Habituation Experience – once again the same clothing as for Gorilla Trekking.
- Price for the Gorilla Habituation Permit is 1500 usd per person for four hours with the Mountain Gorillas compared to 600 usd for a Trek Permit allowing you 1 hour with a Family.
How do I book a Gorilla Habituation Permit?
- Minimum Age of 15 applies as it does for normal Trekking in Uganda.
- We will book you Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest at 1,500 usd per person through Uganda Wildlife Authority Warden for the Rushaga area; We will let you know within one working day as to the availability of the Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit.
- Bookings for the Gorilla Habituation Permits must be done well in advance due to the limited number of participants allowed each day and the interest in the activity by Visitors to Uganda.
- Passport information is required for the permit as it is for Trekking.
- The Permit Cost of 1500 usd includes the Park Entrance Fee for the day
A Gorilla Habituation Experience Trek is different from a normal Gorilla Trek in that it involves some extra planning, more time, a bit more stamina to trek within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
We have put together the information you need to know about a Gorilla Habituation Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. Along with helpful tips and advice based upon our experience and input from our clients who have gone on a Gorilla Habituation Experience.
The Habituation Experience in Rushaga area is still unknown and our Informational Page removes misconceptions you might have about the Experience. If your questions are not answered – please contact us and we will glad to be of help.
It is only in Uganda where you can go on a Mountain Gorilla Habituation Safari and that presently with two gorilla groups found in the Rushaga area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda.
The good news is that you can easily access Rushaga not only from points in Uganda but you can do so taking a short drive from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Rushaga Area.
Gorilla Habituation Experience Safaris can be any safari that now includes Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. We can adjust the safari to include the Gorilla Habituation Experience – depending on permit availability which is quite limited compared to normal Trekking.
Our experience as a Safari Tour Operator with Gorilla Habituation Experiences:
The Gorilla Habituation Experience has been a great new addition from Uganda Wildlife Authority. From the beginning of the experience being offered by UWA, and we began to offer it on the Internet.
Our Clients, who have participated in the Gorilla Habituated have loved it. Those who participate have mostly been picked up in Kigali, while fly-in Treks have been a close second.
The majority of clients have added this experience on to their present safaris and it has enhanced their time on safari in the pearl of Africa and we would love to assist you. to incorporate the experience into your Safari.
Be sure to read up on our Gorilla Photography Tips.
If you like us to include the Experiential Gorilla Habituation Experience – Rushaga Area – Bwindi Forest in your safari with us – please let us know.