Uganda – more than Adventure – Places to relax and Chill Out
Pristine Lakes –Forests – Rushing River Nile – Sandy Beaches
Uganda is known for Mountain Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking, Volcano or Rwenzori Mountain Climbing, for adrenaline rush producing White Water Rafting – but places to relax at – places to chill out after gorilla tracking, after hiking and climbing? Yes, Uganda has those places – they are just waiting to be discovered by you – the list of places are endless – below are just a few that will give you an idea where you can relax and chill out in the Pearl of Africa – Uganda.
- Lake Bunyonyi: This magical, mystical Lake in South Western Uganda – exudes relaxation. Lake Bunyonyi – a place that Lonely Planet says is like a scene from “Lord of the Rings” is simply the perfect place to chill out after a long gorilla trek – the place to find a bit of relaxation after a long safari. Here at Lake Bunyonyi – you can simply be – Lake Bunyonyi – the place of little birds is one of Uganda’s perfect chill out and relaxation places. There are many accommodation facilities to choose from – from the rustic – budget Kalebas Camp to the more up-market Birdnest with its quality Belgian Cuisine. You can stay on one of the islands and definitely get away from it all – swim in the Lake – ( no crocodiles, no hippos, no bilharzia), take a gentle boat ride and drink in the stunning scenery, eat some of the local, freshly caught crayfish prepared with the freshest local ingredients – Lake Bunyonyi – the second deepest lake in Africa – this scenic wonder with its terraced hillsides is the perfect place to chill out in Uganda.
- Lake Nyabikere: Lake of the frogs – a beautiful crater lake awaits you – bilharzia free, no hippos and no crocodiles – and you can chill out and relax here – budget style. CVK Lakeside resort is in a beautiful tropical location is located just next to Kibale Forest – the price is easy on the pocket book and represents value – you can walk or sit in the beautiful gardens with its flowering plants and trees, spot many exotic birds, colorful butterflies, primates – take a short hike – visit a tea plantation and be mesmerized by its emerald fields of green. You can swim – take a boat ride on the lake-fish for tilapia – enjoy the sun – sunrises and sunsets that are stunning and beautiful – in the distance the mountains of the moon – the Rwenzori’s overlooking it all- simply a lovely setting to relax and chill out in Uganda – Lake Nyabikere – the lake of the frogs – go to sleep being serenaded by them and enjoy your chill out time at Lake Nyabikere and CVK Lakeside Resort.
- Lake Kyaninga: Located near Fort Portal and 40 minutes from Kibale Forest – as where Lake Nyabire with CVK Lakeside Resort is a budget chill out place – Lake Kyaninga where you would stay at Kyaningo Lodge up-market – done totally in Luxury Style Log Cabins. All overlooking Lake Kyaninga the Rwenzori Mountains – the beauty of Evergreen Uganda with all its magnificence before you from your balcony…simply an amazing day to chill out and relax in Uganda after a full day of Chimpanzee Habituation Experience (CHEX). Quiet – private – pampered with delightful meals – a beautifully designed garden for your enjoyment and inner refreshment – there is a fruit tree orchard, the kitchen garden and grass tennis court and a croquet lawn. There is a well maintained swimming pool for cooling dip after taking a walk – boating – simply enjoy the orchard, the garden- the views – Lake Kyaninga – Lake Kyaninga Lodge – the perfect up-market location to chill out and relax in Uganda.
- Mabira Forest: This beautiful, lush rainforest is just a short distance from either Kampala or Jinja – the perfect place to chill out and relax at the up-market Mabira Rainforest Lodge. Though it is a short distance from the main road between Kampala and Kenya – here in the Mabira Rainforest – serenity – stillness – only interrupted by the sound of exotic birds around you. You set your own schedule for the day – simply relax on your balcony, enjoy a book, take a swim in the pristine pool, a walk in the forest its unique scents, sights and sounds. Take delightfully and thoughtfully prepared meals starting with coffee or tea when you rise to greet a new day in Mabira Rainforest. One does not have to drive for hours to find a place to chill out and relax – a very short drive from Kampala the Mabira Rainforest awaits you – enjoy a few days here as part of your time in Uganda – once again here the emphasis is on being instead of doing – relax and chill out at Mabira Rainforest Lodge in the only rainforest in central Uganda.
- The River Nile at Jinja:The River Nile at Jinja does not just mean adrenaline producing activities such as White Water rafting , All Terrain Vehicle rides, kayaking and more but it is also the place where one can chill out on the banks or on an Island on the River Nile staying in budget to up-market comfort and from Jinja to downriver at more secluded accommodations. – if you have some spare change – the ultimate of which is Wildwaters Lodge located on its own private and secluded Island where you can walk through the rainforest there, enjoy the rushing sounds of the waters – take a bath on your veranda, most of all – take in the sights and sounds of the historic River Nile all around you – the food prepared by a renown chef from Australia, and each meal is a feast of enjoyment to your palate. Delight in cool dip into the pool, have a refreshing tropical drink – chill out and relax on your private Island on the River Nile. There is a budget version of this island one could say at Hairy Lemon’s – don’t let the name throw you off – another place of delight in the middle of he River Nile – a place to chill out and relax in Jinja.
- Ssese Islands – Lake Victoria:
This delightful island chain in Lake Victoria with its sandy beaches and lodging at moderate prices is one of Uganda’s best places to chill out and relax – Uganda may not have an ocean – but it has Lake Victoria – this sea like lake that stretches between Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda – it is the second largest lake in the world and provides plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy – eat some delightfully prepared fresh fish such as Tilapia and or Nile Perch – the choices of lodgings – all one can say that the list of places to stay is endless all depending on your budget and preferences – what is for sure – no matter where you are staying – there will be ample opportunities to relax and chill out on this beautiful island chain on Lake Victoria – a perfect way to end your time in Uganda – or a place to start your safari in Uganda.
Uganda is more than adventure country – there are actually quite a few places for you to relax and chill out in Africa – from Kampala in the Pearl of Africa…jon
“If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.” John Hemingway – African Journeys